Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HR on my new tri bike
Quote | Reply
I got my new Titanflex this week and have been able to get out on it twice. No worries, a review and pics are forthcoming. I don't have a computer on it yet, but I have noticed when I am in the same gearing as my road bike, and pedaling at roughly the same cadence, that my HR is about 10 beats lower. I have absolutely no experience with tri bikes, so I don't know if this is occurring due to the change in position or me being able to produce more power in a steeper position or what. Anyone else experience this when first hopping on a tri bike? Maybe I just can't produce as much power and can't get my HR as high as a result.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: HR on my new tri bike [switchtotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shame does that to your heartrate :)

Seriously, it will probably come back up once you've adapted a bit more

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: HR on my new tri bike [switchtotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've noticed that, too. Even when I sit upright on my tri, my HR will go up. When I go back down to the tri position, my HR will go back down.
Quote Reply
Re: HR on my new tri bike [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Shame does that to your heartrate :)
LOL!
Quote Reply
Re: HR on my new tri bike [triath_girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's for the same reason that your HR is lower when you lie down. Your heart doesn't need to pump as hard against gravity when your body is effectively more horizontal.
Quote Reply