Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HOKA on the national news!!
Quote | Reply
I have seen this story twice now, it's about fake websites stealing your holiday dollars. The site they chose to feature was a fake Hoka site, and about a woman who bought the shoes and got a cheap scarf. It is a newer version of an old scam, and hate to say my wife fell for it too. She saw some portable bunk beds that were perfect for when we travel and stay in hotels for the twins, for $99. Well a few weeks later we got an envelope with a rubber washer in it.

So I called my CC company and blocked the charges, only to find out later that they were reversed once again. The new scam is that they can show that they shipped something to you, even though it was not what your ordered, or even remotely resembling what it would have looked like in a box. I argued for about an hour, but since they have a shipping record, no charge back allowed. I gave up when the nice woman on the phone said she had done this twice herself, and even though she works for the CC company, she had to eat the charges too. Lesson here is I suppose be really wary when ordering from other countries, ours was of course from China, where everything is made!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA on the national news!! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing! I had not seen anything like that and can't believe the CC companies don't help to stop it. More reason to buy from the sites we know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Related situation. Recently placed an order on eBay. Paid and company shipped it. Postal carrier (contract incompetent) scanned it as delivered to my cluster box. I never received it - almost assuredly because the carrier put it in the wrong box as she does regularly with mail. Seller says "we sent it, it was delivered and we have a receipt" so no refund or replacement. PO says "we show it as delivered". So I'm just out the money with no recourse and some sleazy neighbor got an early Christmas gift.
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA on the national news!! [trimule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Ebay order sucks balls too, but what can anyone do. Either you eat it all, or the seller does, and they know they sent the item where they were supposed to, so falls on the buyer. Suppose there is a lot of that with the porch pirates too.

I'm just a bit miffed that all they have to do in the scam is send an envelope with some piece of shit in it, and that is considered shipping. I would think in this day and age, we could tell the difference between an envelope that is a couple ounces, and a giant box that is supposed to weight over a 100 lbs, but I guess not... )-;
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA on the national news!! [trimule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimule wrote:
Related situation. Recently placed an order on eBay. Paid and company shipped it. Postal carrier (contract incompetent) scanned it as delivered to my cluster box. I never received it - almost assuredly because the carrier put it in the wrong box as she does regularly with mail. Seller says "we sent it, it was delivered and we have a receipt" so no refund or replacement. PO says "we show it as delivered". So I'm just out the money with no recourse and some sleazy neighbor got an early Christmas gift.

I haven’t had your issue but did have an Amazon package never arrive but shown as delivered.

I contacted them on live chat (was nervous about this) - they immediately refunded me, helped me reorder and on my way no questions asked.

I asked a friend who works for them and when this happens they quite sensibly look at your history and if there’s no pattern of abuse they sort you out.

So I tend to try to do Amazon before any other venue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Embarrassed to say I fell for this Hoka scam too just two weeks ago. Ordered four pairs of runners from what looked like the hoka site, received a cheap tshirt.

Credit card co. are looking into it but I can’t imagine I’ll receive the money back.

Irony is the seller is so polite and suggests they’ll refund me, most polite scammers I’ve ever known.

So frustrating. I wish we could track and trace these folk.
Quote Reply