Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HITS Kingston HIM 2018
Quote | Reply
Did anybody do it? Feedback? Similar to previous experiences... Better / worse?

Good to know as location is convenient from NYC!
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Kingston HIM 2018 [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the Sprint and did the HITS sprint a few years back a couple of times...

They ARE getting better, but with 4 races being run at the same time: sprint, oly, 1/2 and full, it's a logistic challenge for sure.

The bike was better as I was directed off course a few years ago leading the sprint. (same thing every director says: "Sorry about that. How about a free entry next year?").

So things are marked better but in the sprint again this year, the #2 runner and myself #3 ran off course as it wasn't as well marked as it should / could have been.

The times were all messed up afterwards as well and they did the awards BEFORE correcting the timing mistakes.

So, it might be close but it's not the super tight 70.3 you might be looking for.
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Kingston HIM 2018 [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do a forum search first! Haha kidding but to save me retyping...

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ey_NY_2018_P6674128/
Quote Reply
Re: HITS Kingston HIM 2018 [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blues, did you go off course on the way back? I know right where you did, I did it on my warm up. Where those cars were parked on both sides you should have bared left onto the trail but the road went right.

At the awards they didn't know who was first overall and I guess they never found him because the posted results show the guys who said the were 2,3,4 as 1,2,3.

Other than that small mistake; i.e, who won! They ran a good race and even enforced the no wetsuit rule, the water was 84 or 85. But I had to hear it through the grapevine, no one said a word when I picked up my race packet that morning. I heard that they did tell people who picked up the day before.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply