Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
HEY LIONEL....
Quote | Reply
I would be interested to see if you would come on here and just answer questions.No trolling but definitely hard questions just based off of information that you yourself put out in videos

I'm sure the answer will be no but I got to ask.
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I would be interested to see if you would come on here and just answer questions.No trolling but definitely hard questions just based off of information that you yourself put out in videos

Lionel spent some time on the forum but was driven away by a few idiots that didn`t appreciate the value of his participation. His user name is/was LSandersTri .

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Sep 24, 19 18:29
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lionel spent some time on the forum but was driven away by a few idiot that didn`t appreciate the value of his participation. His user name is/was LSandersTri .

Not the first that that has happened to. Unfortunate - because, Lionel IS one of the best interviews and back-and-forth discussions guys in the sport of Triathlon. I have interviewed him several times and he is always awesome!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Lionel spent some time on the forum but was driven away by a few idiot that didn`t appreciate the value of his participation. His user name is/was LSandersTri .

Not the first that that has happened to. Unfortunate - because, Lionel IS one of the best interviews and back-and-forth discussions guys in the sport of Triathlon. I have interviewed him several times and he is always awesome!

So let's ask him the hard questions. Let's see who he really is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Fuze
calling...
Can't complete call
We're sorry about that. Please try again or contact support if you continue to have issues.
CancelRetry
[/url]

What does he stand to gain by answering to a bunch of anonymous dicks on ST who will just tell him that:

1. his swim sucks,
  2. he has no clue what he is doing,
  3. his workouts are wrong,
  4. he needs a coach,
  5. the ITU guys will kick his ass,
  6. he has no chance in Kona
  7. his aero position is terrible
  8. his run stride is like a guy running with an 800 lbs gorilla on his back
  9. his 8:04 time in Kona is slow

If there is a 10th item that the anonymous dicks on ST have not covered yet, then maybe Lionel may venture on here to answer your so called "hard questions". I think his 8:04 in Kona is sufficient that he has a perpetual license to not listen to nor answer any of you guys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
No trolling

Good one.
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, your sig line (or something) is all frigged up. I’ve noticed it on a bunch of your posts. You might want to fix that.

Why on earth would Lionel want to come on here to answer some “hard questions”? The only guy he needs to answer to is Frodeno..... I mean himself...slip of the tongue there, he definitely just needs to answer to Fro.. dammit, to Lionel. Not Frodo. Lionel

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Fuze
calling...
Can't complete call
We're sorry about that. Please try again or contact support if you continue to have issues.
CancelRetry
[/url]

What does he stand to gain by answering to a bunch of anonymous dicks on ST who will just tell him that:

1. his swim sucks,
  4. he needs a coach,

If there is a 10th item that the anonymous dicks on ST have not covered yet, then maybe Lionel may venture on here to answer your so called "hard questions". I think his 8:04 in Kona is sufficient that he has a perpetual license to not listen to nor answer any of you guys.

Your lost... You have no clue what I intend to ask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Fuze
calling...
Can't complete call
CancelRetry
[/url]

1. his swim sucks,
  4. he needs a coach,

Your lost... You have no clue what I intend to ask.

why don't you just ask them and see if he answers?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

It's a forum and not something you can just drop in, answer a few questions and then disappear. He'd get dragged into long-winded inane discussions, which could be of a negative nature. He wouldn't have anything to gain from it. It may even leave him with self-doubt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cody Beals recent thread about his IMMT win he was shredded for disclosing he takes an anti-inflammatory before the race. Anyone of any significance isn't on here, and if they are they'll be scared off pretty fast.
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Dev, your sig line (or something) is all frigged up. /quote

Lol you’re definitely a Maritimer.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. No reason for him to be on here. He'd just get dragged into an argument by idiots who would drag him down to their level and then he would get "beat" by their experience. I'm all for discussions, but some people just love to turn it into a personal attack because they don't seem to realize that not everyone does it the same way they do. Maybe that is why they are here, and he isn't ;)

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
Cody Beals recent thread about his IMMT win he was shredded for disclosing he takes an anti-inflammatory before the race. Anyone of any significance isn't on here, and if they are they'll be scared off pretty fast.

I think you are have that backwards. There was one individual (another pro - Antony Costes) who criticized Cody for taking an anti inflammatory before the race. The majority of posters then shredded Costes for criticizing Beals.

As for Lionel, when you become a big (in tri terms) star you tend to take more heat for missteps. Same goes with an actual well known star like Lebron James. It’s easier to ignore critics and go about your business. Even if a small portion of what is said could benefit them. Egos can easily be bruised, not sure I wouldn’t do the same thing if I was one of them.

Lionel is very gifted and such people expect him to make the most of that gift. He has made a lot of choices which has led to him getting less podiums and victories than he could have. It boggles people’s minds that he has so much low hanging fruit that he takes forever or does not seem to address. Compare that to Sebi who is so thoughtful/smart/whatever you want to call it in his approach nailing all the details. As such, Sebi gets a ton less criticism on here.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
vanchize wrote:

I think you are have that backwards. There was one individual (another pro - Antony Costes) who criticized Cody for taking an anti inflammatory before the race. The majority of posters then shredded Costes for criticizing Beals.

That was mostly cause of the way Costes brought it up. Clearly the proper way to approach that issue was starting with: "HEY CODY...."

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Sep 24, 19 22:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:

What anti inflammatory? Like prednisone or ibuprofen?
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
vanchize wrote:

What anti inflammatory? Like prednisone or ibuprofen?

Naproxen (aka Aleve)

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, cos inviting a twitchunt on yourself a few weeks out from kona is great way to prep lol..... After? Sure

How about a HEY FISHBUM... "Definately hard questions"thread?

Fishbum wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol was that meant to be helping or a massive backdoor troll?

Quote:

1. his swim sucks,
  4. he needs a coach,

Last edited by: lacticturkey: Sep 24, 19 22:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My question would be when he would lube the frickin' drivetrain of his Canyon Speedmax. Holy hell, during the new TalbotCox movie when he interview Lionel while on the bike you can hear the thing scream for lubrication.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hello mr.sanders. my name is fishbum and you owe me answers to my HARD QUESTIONS!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
My question would be when he would lube the frickin' drivetrain of his Canyon Speedmax. Holy hell, during the new TalbotCox movie when he interview Lionel while on the bike you can hear the thing scream for lubrication.

apparently the lubing efforts are directed mostly at his groin...

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: HEY LIONEL.... [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
hello mr.sanders. my name is fishbum and you owe me answers to my HARD QUESTIONS!

Yep because that's exactly what I said, you owe me! Give me a break. This forum has a lot of intelligent people on it and yet no one on here seems to take the time find out if someone is worth following the way so many of you follow Lionel. You watch some BS narcissistic video put out by T and act like a bunch of teenage girls watching a boy band.
There's so much information on those videos all I'm wanting to do is ask some questions about information he has put out. If he's willing to put himself out there and videos like this I got no problem with people asking questions about the information he puts out there..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

Yep because that's exactly what I said, you owe me! Give me a break. This forum has a lot of intelligent people on it and yet no one on here seems to take the time find out if someone is worth following the way so many of you follow Lionel. You watch some BS narcissistic video put out by T and act like a bunch of teenage girls watching a boy band.
There's so much information on those videos all I'm wanting to do is ask some questions about information he has put out. If he's willing to put himself out there and videos like this I got no problem with people asking questions about the information he puts out there..

yes, you certainly sound like someone interested in being a honest broker of a serious conversation.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
Anyone of any significance isn't on here

Ouch that hurts!

Norwegian National Team Athlete
Quote Reply

Prev Next