Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP-Looking for sport medicine center in Cali
Quote | Reply
I am trying to get at the root of some patellar tendonitis and ITB problems I have been experiencing but I need to find the right people to do so. I am looking for experts in bike fit and run gait analysis but someone with medical knowledge that goes beyond what you would find in a bike shop or running specialty store. I am trying to confirm if I have a leg length discrepancy or some other factor that might be contributing to my problems.

I live in the central coast in California and I am sure that there has got to be some sports medicine center or some resource like that in such an athletic state, and I am inclined to think that it is probably in the San Diego area. The problem is I don’t know how to find it. I am willing to travel.

Recommendations/suggestions are greatly appreciated

Luis

Quote Reply
Re: HELP-Looking for sport medicine center in Cali [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The gold standard in No. Cal is Dr. Testa's group at UC davis. Check out this link for an idea of what they offer.

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/.../sportsPerfServices/
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the one - the only - the best, Harvey Deutsch at Red Hawk Physical Therapy in SF. He's a PT guy, but he excels in diagnosing issues. Harvey really understands how the body works, especially mechanics that come into play as an athlete. When you set up an appointment, see if they can make it for enough time so he can watch you run on a treadmill (in which case make sure it's at his office in the Y).

UC Davis will do more of the bike fit (enquire as to gait analysis - not sure they do that, I looked into them a while ago). Could also try Marc Evans in Menlo Park, CA (just south of SF) for the run - I've used him, he's good for the gait stuff, but will refer you to someone else for the physical.
Quote Reply