Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP! How do you fit jammer bars?
Quote | Reply
I'm going to ride my road bike (instead of tri) for an upcoming twisty, hilly race. I bought some shortie (jammer) bars, and put them on last night. They're set out about an inch on each side of the stem, with the handles angled at about 45 degrees in. Is this right, or should I spread them out more (means pulling some more tape off my road bars to get the brake cables around them, plus the road bar begins to taper down as you get farther from the stem)? They felt weird, but acceptable ... feels like my arms are very close together, and my hands actually touch when I'm grabbing the bar ends. Should I try to replicate the position of my standard tri bike bars (bars set wider), or is it normal to have jammers a bit closer together? (seems that if they're too wide, you lose some aero effect).

Thanks!

thn
Last edited by: thn30: May 30, 03 8:24
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! How do you fit jammer bars? [thn30] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these Jammer GT's? If so, I have a pair mounted on my road bike.

I keep mine reasonably close together and at about 45 degrees as you describe. I find them comfortable this way. Someone with big hands would want to move them further apart.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! How do you fit jammer bars? [thn30] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I used to mount jammers on my road bike they were about 1 1/2 inches from the stem, but that was only due to the 3T Forgie XL 31.8 oversized bar and the way 3T does their taper. I would have liked to have them at about 1 inch from the stem, or probably the same way you have yours. My best advise is to mount them in such a way that the distances between any points on your forearms is the same as with your tri-bike. In the end though, your arms need only cover your legs from the wind.
Quote Reply