Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP!! Replacement for Hoka clifton 3 (napali)
Quote | Reply
So my beloved Napali is on clearance from runningwharehouse and none left in my size.

I absolutely HATE the clifton 4 and 5.

Any other models or brands that compare??

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!! Replacement for Hoka clifton 3 (napali) [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to NB Beacon . . . I even like them better!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skechers Ultra Road 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're telling me that of the four versions on clearance they don't have your size...or you just want the one at lowest price of 64.88?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoka just reintroduced the Clifton 1. Better than Clifton 2, 3, 4, 5 though they're no Nike ZoomFly SP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going through the same thing you are but my size still in stock and I am stockpiling. So clifton1 reissue has the same cushioning as the 3 and lighter. But of course they are 130 bucks. I bought one pair of the 5 they suck. Stayed away from the 4 bad reviews. The 6 is coming out early summer. The clifton 1 is now available in 2 colors from just the one that tells it might be around for sometime. I use the one to race in the 3 train in. Hoka Valor was a Clifton with more cushioning but weight several ozs more might be some still around eBay
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!! Replacement for Hoka clifton 3 (napali) [FedeleTemperini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FedeleTemperini wrote:
Hoka just reintroduced the Clifton 1. Better than Clifton 2, 3, 4, 5 though they're no Nike ZoomFly SP.

Where are you seeing this? I just looked at men's shoes on the Hoka website and only saw Hoka 5. I would gladly pay full price for the Clifton 1 but Hoka doesn't seem to be the kind of company that listens to its customers. And I guess they aren't interested in profit maximization either.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!! Replacement for Hoka clifton 3 (napali) [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could see them on the EU and US Hoka websites. The sites work slightly differently but 'Clifton 1' in the search box is a good start.

Personally I really like the Clifton 5s and they got a good write up in an ST article, it's always going to be personal.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!! Replacement for Hoka clifton 3 (napali) [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OddSlug wrote:
I could see them on the EU and US Hoka websites. The sites work slightly differently but 'Clifton 1' in the search box is a good start.

Personally I really like the Clifton 5s and they got a good write up in an ST article, it's always going to be personal.

Thank you! Strange that Clifton 1 does not show up on the Men's shoes page but it popped right up when I put Clifton 1 in the search box. And I have a pair on order!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!! Replacement for Hoka clifton 3 (napali) [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
FedeleTemperini wrote:

Where are you seeing this? I just looked at men's shoes on the Hoka website and only saw Hoka 5. I would gladly pay full price for the Clifton 1 but Hoka doesn't seem to be the kind of company that listens to its customers. And I guess they aren't interested in profit maximization either.

Hoka 1 was available for a while before and I got a pair. I don't know. I still like Clifton 2 & 3 better.
Again, they are no way close to Vaporfly 4%.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP!! Replacement for Hoka clifton 3 (napali) [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
FedeleTemperini wrote:

Hoka 1 was available for a while before and I got a pair. I don't know. I still like Clifton 2 & 3 better.
Again, they are no way close to Vaporfly 4%.

My Clifton reviews:

Clifton 1: A+
Clifton 2: C- (and a Gentleman's C at that)
Clifton 3: B
Clifton 4 & 5: Why bother?

Vaporfly 4% - Haven't tried them and at 61 yrs old, I'm not sure I should. Years ago I probably would have gone for them.
Quote Reply