Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED not delivering
Quote | Reply
Ive ordered a HED 3 front wheel from a LBS. I ordered it 3 weeks ago and it still has not arrived. The LBS tells me that HED says that its been shipped but will not provide the tracking number. The LBS also tells me that this has been going on since Febuary. Whats going on? Has anyone else ordered and recieved stuff from HED in the last few months?
Quote Reply
Re: HED not delivering [74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ive ordered a HED 3 front wheel from a LBS. I ordered it 3 weeks ago and it still has not arrived. The LBS tells me that HED says that its been shipped but will not provide the tracking number. The LBS also tells me that this has been going on since Febuary. Whats going on? Has anyone else ordered and recieved stuff from HED in the last few months? --- They are having problems with their Spanish mfg plant, they had to cancel production of the HED 3D Disc as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goto there website and get the phone number and call them. Ann will probably answer and deal with her about it. I talked to her last week and we got some Alps shipped next day. And we have gotten 2 sets of Hed3's in the past two weeks--people from my Tri club. She has always been nice to deal with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UPDATE...

I rang HED and spoke with Ann (very helpfull as you said). She said that the wheel was shipped two weeks ago today and that the LBS uses a freight forwarding company to get shipments into Canada (I live in Toronto). Apparently the shipment has gotten to the freight forwarding company so should arrive here soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Ive ordered a HED 3 front wheel from a LBS. I ordered it 3 weeks ago and it still has not arrived."

i'm guessing that you're sufficiently satisfied with this wheel that you're trying to achieve a pair? i say this, because here is your post from a couple of weeks ago...

"Ive just started using my new HED 3. When Im out of the saddle I can really notice the side to side flex, enough so that I have had to adjust my brakes to stop brake rub. Has anybody else noticed this with the HED 3's?"

hearken back to the thread about a certain austin-based retailer who was pilloried because his narrative to a customer appeared not to be quite true. hed's customer service is superb, and they have never been unwilling to provide a tracking number. perhaps you ought to consider your LBS's veracity. not on the forum, mind you, just in general. manufacturers tend to get a bad rap because the customer only hears the LBS's side. sometimes LBS's don't pay their bills. or they forget to get around to ordering the item. or the manufacturer apprises the LBS of the wait, and the LBS doesn't apprise the customer. whatever. it's just uncanny how a lack of schedule delivery never seems to be the fault of the LBS. manufacturers never tell their side. they never air problems of payment, for example. imagine an LBS saying, "well, you'd have your bike today, except i'm behind in my payments to the bike maker, and i took your deposit and made payroll with it instead of catching up on my overdue bills to that vendor." of course, that's probably never happened, right?

i have no idea what the situation is. this is a very hot selling wheel. maybe hed's got more orders than wheels. i just wouldn't necessarily take your LBS's word at face value and quote it as gospel on a forum.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: HED not delivering [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I bought a HED Alps/HED 3 combo a couple of weeks ago from a LBS - had it next day. Took it to Spain to race for ITUs whereupon I noticed the 3 was out of dish. Called HED upon my return and had a UPS call tag a couple of days later. HED customer service rocks. Always quick, always friendly. Dunno wassup with the LBS but I suspect the problem is there, not with HED.

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: HED not delivering [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I am happy enough with the wheel to also buy the front.

I was standing at the counter when the LBS placed the order over the phone, I could hear the conversation which went something like this... LBS: ... "Do you have a HED 3 700c tubular road in stock?" ... HED: "Yes" ... LBS: "Could you please add it to the order you are putting together for us" ... HED: "sure, we are putting together the order right now, will send it out today". This was Friday May 2nd.

As far as putting it on the forum I simply want to know whats going on with my wheel. I am glad I put it on the forum, as I got a couple of useful peices of information that I would otherwise not know.

More UPDATES... I just rang HED again, very helpful again. She gave me the tracking number. Ive looked up the tracking number on UPS.com and the package was picked up from HED on May 16 it was delivered to the freight forwarding company on May 21. I then rang LBS again, told them where the wheel was, they said they had to go pick it up and would do so next week. Ill hound the LBS until I have it.
Quote Reply