Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Vanquish Reviews?
Quote | Reply
Just ordered a new bike and am contemplating what wheels I want to roll.

The bike is a Parlee Rz7.

I am a big fan of HED and would like a set of Vanquishs, but there aren't many real world reviews. ENVE is priced the same and nearly the same weight, so the HEDs better be sweet. I love my Ardennes and Jet blacks, but the new bike has disc brakes.

My Ardennes are set up tubeless (first road tubeless experience) will probably stay tubeless.

So, who hear has some miles on a pair of Vanquish wheels?

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: HED Vanquish Reviews? [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: HED Vanquish Reviews? [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I will be an early adopter...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're brave!

I have 2 sets of Jet Blacks (non-disc) and love them. Looking for disc wheels for my gravel bike, and saw the Vanquish's as well, but without reviews and at that price point, I feel like ENVE would be a more logical choice.
Also noticed "New" Hed Jet 5+ disc for less than half the price, but not sure if these wheels are meant for off road, don't see any reviews of them whatsoever aside from infomercials.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Vanquish Reviews? [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't have an issue with riding them on gravel. My ardennes are bomb proof, and it is the same basic rim, just with a fairing attached.

And while we talk HED wheels, my new bike is replacing one broken in a pick up vs me accident. One of my Jet+ rims has a crease in the brake track but no damage to the fairing...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have any experience with the HED wheels, I do have experience with Enve. The external nipples, particularly with tubeless wheels, that can only be taped with one type of tape, is worth a few hundred $$$, be the early adopter! I vote for Vanquish.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Vanquish Reviewed... (update) [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've now got about 300 miles on my Vanquish 6s on my new Parlee Rz7 Factory Edition (most amazing bicycle ever built).

I have GP5000s set up tubeless (25 front 28 rear). This set up is smoother and more comfortable than the cross bike I ride for gravel. I am running 65 psi front and 70 rear. They don't seem to bleed down a lot of pressure.

The wheels are flawless and roll great. They do not have the same volume of roar as the Jet 6s do.

Quote Reply
Re: HED Vanquish Reviewed... (update) [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do they handle (and compared to what)?

I thinking of running the Vanquish 6 in stead of ENVE 5.6 on my next bike, which will be disc brake. The 5 front wheel handles well, about as good as a Zipp 303 NSW and noticeably better than a 404 NSW.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Vanquish Reviewed... (update) [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My only deep wheel reference are HED jet 6+. They seem a little less stable than those, but that could be a combo of things. I am running 1.5” more stack in this bike which I think adds to the twitchyness in strong winds (20+ mph). Overall, they are phenomenally good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. How did the GP5K TL tires go on?

They were INSANELY difficult to get on my ENVE 5.6s. It was simply ridiculous. Great wheel, great tire, horrible combo. If I got a flat that a plug couldn't fix, I seriously doubt I could change that tire roadside.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Vanquish Reviewed... (update) [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shop put them on for me...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you share more about the RZ7? Thinking of making the same purchase...
Quote Reply
Re: HED Vanquish Reviewed... (update) [ChrisJM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You won’t regret it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Parlee TTiR and, recently, a Parlee RZ7. Both amazing bikes. The ride quality and handling is remarkable.
On the TTiR, I am running Hed 50 Jets, Jet Disc, and Vanquish 40 and 80 on it.
I had a Vanquish 60 front wheel but it caught too much side wind for me and my T-rex arms and wimpy upper body.
The Vanquish 40 and Jet 50 front are amazing though. The 40 is pretty much immune to cross winds. The 50 is incredibly plush and fast feeling.

When using the Vanquish 40/80, it is really important to air down to the recommended pressure (like 62 psi in my case). The wheels are vertically very stiff and bounce off the road surface if inflated too high. Once aired down, they are awesome. The vertical oscillation calms down and it seems you get propelled forward more efficiently. I honestly didn't like them at first (I think I was inflating to 100 psi) but now I am a huge fan.
Quote Reply