Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Bars A Rating
Quote | Reply
I just got my bike back from the shop after they put on my new HED aerobars, these bars kick ass. They took a little getting used to after using my Syntance bars with bull horns, however they look good and ride great. I think this is a option well worth it if you are concidering them sitting on the fence. Now I can see why Tom D and others have been so enthusiastic about these integrated bars, they are awesome.

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: HED Bars A Rating [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the comfort difference between the 2 (Syntace vs. Hed)? Control? More details please.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Bars A Rating [TriRABI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
since I have both the Syntace C2 and HED I would say, hands down that the C2 is a bit more comfortable, better pads and cup and ergonomics for triathletes

that said, the HED is faster (for TT)

take your pick, Id say go with the C2's for Ironmans and HED for TT racing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i rode c2s for a couple of years and recently switched to HED bars. At first I would have agreed that the pursuit grips are just waaay to small and the levers are too short and there were a bunch of other little things to get used too. After half a year on the HED bars I would never go back. I actually tried my old C2s out and the HED bars are just so much more comfortable. The grips are a little small but they are all that you really need. The only time I really missed bigger brake levers was on a twisty bumpy descent which is almost impossible to climb even with a 39x25 gearing (and I am a pretty strong climber). I love my HEDs.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Bars A Rating [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be interested on Tom Demerly opinion if the HED's are fine for an Ironman? I have not done a full Ironman yet, and only had the HED's for a short time so I can not comment. However I think they are plenty comfortable and ride very nicely. I can ride any bar I want to, and think these will be great for a all around bar. In short I am very happy with these bars and would say if you dont have them and can afford them, "get them". I love my HED's also.....

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how long are the extensions? by that I mean the upturn part, I realize the rest is adjustable. I cut my C2's so I can reach the shifters with just a flick of my fingers instead of adjusting my hand position. since the Hed extensions are all carbon w/ an Al sleeve at the end for the compression bolt my understanding is you can't really shorten the upturn. Dan mentioned that he'd put extensions from a P-D aerolite (or something like that) in there so he could cut his down. I'm not thrilled about laying down $500 for the all carbon hed bars, only to need to buy another set of bars for the some aluminum extensions. those of you who have them, do you have to adjust your hand position to shift?

I sent mail to hed a couple weeks ago asking about the extensions, but haven't seen a reply yet.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Bars - extensions [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Extensions have to be cut to length. This allows for a perfect fit with minimal weight, but you have to measure at least twice and cut once, cuz you cain't glue the sucker back!!

You can also cut from the front, leaving you a Walser style, straight extension, but you have to be real careful to get enough bar to fit the shifters.

HED bars are awesome!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply