Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Aerobars Question
Quote | Reply
Sorry to ask this, but in general the aerobar manufacturers do not provide enough technical information to make an intelligent decision.

Could somebody who has access to Hed Aerobar measure how high it builds (top of area which is clamped by the stem to top of the arm rests)?

Thanks

Simon

PS: the background is that I have short legs and a longish torso and have problems essentially on any bike getting an aggressive enough position.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Aerobars Question [simon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I measure 31mm from center of basebar (half the height) to top of armrest pad (not including the actual pad itself). That includes the 10-11mm spacer supplied with the bars.

Clamping area is 26.0mm, so 18mm or so from top of the clamping area to top of armrest pad.

Hope that helps.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: HED Aerobars Question [Cafe Lactate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot, exactly what I needed.

Seems as if if the HED Aerbar would be a good 20mm lower than the C2 I'm currently using.

Simon
Quote Reply
Re: HED Aerobars Question [simon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simon, I use mine without the spacers. It help to bring the arms in line with the actual bar. I noticed the Terminator was using his in the same way in IMNZ.

=====================================
For one who has no objective, nothing is relevant. (Confucius)
=====================================
Quote Reply
Re: HED Aerobars Question [postmanpat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to make our (hed's) bar match a syntace setup, using your current stem, you have to use a 1" riser for the armrests. We have a 1/2 inch riser stock with the bars, and trying to find stock size bolts that will let us do a 1" riser also.

Sooooooo, You can use no riser (that would be 1" lower than syntace if you don't change the stem) , 1/2 inch riser (currently provided) and we hope to have 1 inch going soon. -andy

Andy Tetmeyer (I work at HED)

Quote Reply
Re: HED Aerobars Question [andyt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a related question, as I'm also ready to make the switch from a Syntace setup to the Hed bars. What is the armrest offset from the bars (front to rear). In other words does going from Syntace streamliners to the Hed bar change the "tip of the saddle to back of the armrest" distance with the same stem? if so, how much of a change is needed in stem length to achieve the same reach?

Thanks,
John
Quote Reply
Re: HED Aerobars Question [andyt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sooooooo, You can use no riser (that would be 1" lower than syntace if you don't change the stem) , 1/2 inch riser (currently provided) and we hope to have 1 inch going soon. -andy

Fine, 1" lower is essentially exactly what I need (if my back can stand it :-/).

I'm already using a -17° stem, so the only real alternative (to the hed bars) would be moving to a one size smaller frame (currently 51 cm cervelo), which would imply going to a 120+mm stem (from 100mm) which I would like to avoid if possible.

Simon
Quote Reply