Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Aero bottle
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have any views on the aerodynamics of the HED Aerobottle. I can't find a pic of one on the web but they look a bit like a small space ship that straps between your bars! I know they still sell them in GB. There was a thread that had just been posted on Johns Bicylesports forum page a couple days ago, but I think his site has crashed again as I can't get the page up.

Also does any body remember the Profile large 'bullet' shaped drink system that went between the tri bars? I had one a few years back and I seem to remember it being banned as it was too aero!

Cheers AndyA
Last edited by: AndyA: Aug 11, 03 14:31
Quote Reply
Re: HED Aero bottle [AndyA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For years Mr. Cobb told us that front mounted aero bottles where not aero but all of a sudden we're told that they now work (as does aero seat posts, which also didn't work according to John's earlier testing).

I liked the ease of the front mount system but listened to John and sold my Syntace aero bottle to design my own semi-successful rear mount sytem, sort of like NeverReach. I just bought another front mount aero bottle and this time I'm keeping it, irregardless of what the aero guru's want to tell us in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Aero bottle [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, I think if you simple have a straw that folds down out of the wind you are sorted. Do you remember the HED or Profile tri bar mounted bottles, they were huge. I will e-mail you a pic of the HED one as I can't paste it here.

Cheers AndyA
Quote Reply