Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED-Jet 2000
Quote | Reply
I want to get some opinions on the HED-Jet 2000. I want a light-weight, aero wheel at a light-weight price. I found these on the web for $655/pair (tubular). I am heavy at 192 and wanted to find out if these wheels would work given my BW.

If not, what are some suggestions - keeping in mind I want light, aero, and cheap (meaning around max. $700).

I appreciate the help!
Quote Reply
Re: HED-Jet 2000 [T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Jet 2000 as a rear wheel, and I have raced it weighing 180-ish. I bought it used, have used it for two seasons and have had good success with it.

I have on one occassion e-mailed Hed with such a question, and they replied reltively quickly. You might try doing the same.
Quote Reply
Re: HED-Jet 2000 [flyebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a good idea. I appreciate the response. I am planning on only using the wheels for racing as well.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like mine a lot. I'm bigger than you, and I use them for all my races. No problems, and they were much cheaper than the high-end Zipps and Hed 3s.

Big EE
Quote Reply
Re: HED-Jet 2000 [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I wanted to hear. I to think these wheels are very nicely priced for an light, aero wheel. Like $500 cheaper than 404's! And if they hold up all the better.

Thanks for the response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey T2,

I have the Jets and HED Deep. I am 195-205, depending on whether I left with any regularity. I ended up getting the clydesdale editions (more spokes) as I train on these wheels and give them a lot of abuse. They have held up spectaculalry. I have only broken a spoke. I strongly recommend these wheels as IMHO, they have the best price-quality ratio of any wheel out there. HED flips a lot of their blemished ones on ebay. Check it out.

Robert
Quote Reply
Re: HED-Jet 2000 [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RA

Thanks for the advice. I too put on weight when I lift a lot so I use a heavier more durable wheel to train on. However, I want something light to race on at a good price. I just can't cut loose $1,000+ for racing wheels right now. That's why the Jets caught my eye. I should definitely check out e-bay.

Thanks for the advice!
Quote Reply