Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

H3 Carbonlites? who knows?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at purchasing a set of race wheels and have the new Hed H3 Carbonlites at the top of my list....however I've found it hard to get any feedback on the wheels, perhaps due to the fact they're quite new!! Anybody out there know anything about these wheels or know somebody who does??
Quote Reply
Re: H3 Carbonlites? who knows? [coolnat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a little information in their 2004 catalog.

Basically it is unchanged except they removed the aluminum rim and bonded on a carbon rim. My guess is that the weight wont justify the increase in cost. But they sure will look cool.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember reading on the Bicycle Sports forum that there's a waiting list for these wheels extending into April...

I did this to an old Specialized I use on the track. Just took off the aluminum cap that covers the outermost edge: the gluing surface and the sidewall. Took off about 120 grams. I can only feel it on the scale.

-SuperDave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: H3 Carbonlites? who knows? [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I read the cattledog and they sound great...guess I'm a bit nervous about the fact that haven't been tested over any decent length of time, time will tell?

Also a bit nervous about the fact that they are Tubular only and yes I have been following the current and very informative discussions on this forum.

Oh I'm in Aus and have the opportunity to get a pair by mid March :-)
Quote Reply
Re: H3 Carbonlites? who knows? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The price diff in Aus is only a couple of hundred $$ which in the scheme of things is not a lot.

I guess that's a good question tho are they worth the extra??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha Ha Coolnat.....of course they are. Worth every cent. The fastest composite spoked wheel, and so cheap. Even in the States, the price difference is very little.

The Carbon3's have been used for a bit now from some of the pro's, Macca loves his, i can't wait to see the front wheel on the pro teams TT's this europe season.

I'm excited
Quote Reply