Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gwen´s fitness and Lolo Jones
Quote | Reply
I was taking a look at Gwen´s videos (Talbot Cox, good job) and I was hesitating wether she will try to qualify for Tokyo in the 5000m or the 10000m or both. I was checking the best US records in 2019 and for the 5000m, the best girls are in short 15s. In 10000, long 30s (Molly Huddle among them)....
As long as I know her PB in 5000m is like 15.15, and for the 10.000, long 31s....does anybody know the criteria for selection? just USA trials? Will she have time enough to get top fitness to get a spot?

BTW, I read something about Lolo Jones here in Spain. It seems she said she is 37 and virgin. Well, if I were her, I would not say anything because nobody has to know about my personal life, even she is free to say whatever she wants. Given that, I dont understand either the critics for being 37 and still virgin....it is just a choice, what is the matter?
Sometimes I think we live in the age of the cavemen.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Last edited by: juanillo: Jan 27, 20 2:28
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen´s fitness and Lolo Jones [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe she needs to still race to meet the qualifying standards for both to even get an invite for the Olympic Trials in June, for the women the 5K is 15:20 and for the 10K 32:25. Once you meet those I believe top 3 at the trials get a spot on the team if I understand it correctly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
BTW, I read something about Lolo Jones here in Spain. It seems she said she is 37 and virgin. Well, if I were her, I would not say anything because nobody has to know about my personal life, even she is free to say whatever she wants.

There's a lot of social pressure on young women (and men) to be sexually active. For whatever reason, Lolo Jones has chosen a different path. I applaud her standing up a a role model and letting young people, particularly young female athletes, know that it's OK to defer.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jan 27, 20 9:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
I was taking a look at Gwen´s videos (Talbot Cox, good job) and I was hesitating wether she will try to qualify for Tokyo in the 5000m or the 10000m or both. I was checking the best US records in 2019 and for the 5000m, the best girls are in short 15s. In 10000, long 30s (Molly Huddle among them)....
As long as I know her PB in 5000m is like 15.15, and for the 10.000, long 31s....does anybody know the criteria for selection? just USA trials? Will she have time enough to get top fitness to get a spot?

https://www.usatf.org/...qualifying-standards

Don't follow her enough to know if she has a 10k time to qualify but certainly the 5k. Trials are in late June, so yes, plenty of time to get there as long as she stays healthy

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have nothing to add except this is the most random combo post ever....tackling Gwen's Olympics aspirations and Lolo's virginity all in one!! Carry on....
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen´s fitness and Lolo Jones [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
I have nothing to add except this is the most random combo post ever....tackling Gwen's Olympics aspirations and Lolo's virginity all in one!! Carry on....

I did not want to open 2 threads.... :D
Were you thinking there was relation between GJ´s performance and Lolo´s statement??? might be, but I definitely think Gwen is not virgin :D

I am really willing Gwen to qualify. I just love the girls and guys exceling in different sports : Wurf, Taormina, .... (well, Wurf is the peak of singularity)

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply