Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [ArildT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/quote]

Yes. In a way we do that. But not excately as characterized by Stephen Seiler. Orginally he says that 80% of volume is below 2 mmol/l and 20% is around 4 mmol/l and higher.
For us itslike 85% -90 % is at or below LT1(Aerobic Threshold). That is around 1,1-1,3 mmol/l in lactate. So most training is below that. That is low intensity. But our best athletes will at a LT1 cyclingsession do around 250-290W With this lactate values.In running that would be around 3:45 min/km - 4min/km.

I would like to ask when you do your training below LT1 on around 1,1- 1,3 what is your avareage heart rate?
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [Qwerty8212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Qwerty8212 wrote:

"Yes. In a way we do that. But not excately as characterized by Stephen Seiler. Orginally he says that 80% of volume is below 2 mmol/l and 20% is around 4 mmol/l and higher.
For us itslike 85% -90 % is at or below LT1(Aerobic Threshold). That is around 1,1-1,3 mmol/l in lactate. So most training is below that. That is low intensity. But our best athletes will at a LT1 cyclingsession do around 250-290W With this lactate values.In running that would be around 3:45 min/km - 4min/km. "

I would like to ask when you do your training below LT1 on around 1,1- 1,3 what is your avareage heart rate?[/quote]

For me this "low intensity" is :
between 58% and 67% of Max HR ( approx same for bike and run, I do not have possibility to test precisely enough)
between 62% and 68% of FTP Power (on bike)

I'm also interested to have Arild or Gustav answers, as they check that precisely on a daily basis
Last edited by: Pyrenean Wolf: Dec 16, 19 4:33
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me 60% is less than 120HR and even lower on the bike. Many recommendations on the internet are something around 140HR. That's a big difference. I'm also waiting for Mr. Gustav :)
Dan Lorang recomendation (as I heard in scientific triathlon podcast) was lower than 75% of your threshold, but I think 1,1-1,3 is closer to 60% as you described.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello

with a MaxHR around 180/182 bpm, indeed my "slow pace" for the 85% of Arild Tveiten "polarized program" is below 120 bpm.

And 140 bpm is very near to my SweetSpot (around 145 bpm) which is the other side of the polarization (15% of time at sweetspot) used by Arild, useful for LD training or short races capacity build (sure Blu, Casper and Gustav will do more intensity right before the olympic sprints)

(Seilers original "polarized program" is at/above threshold for 20% of SESSIONS, but is targeted to shorter races - less than one hour)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your quick response.
So may I assume that your low zones are close to 60% of MaxHR both in running and cyckling? But MaxHR is diffrent in running and cyckling so zones are a little diffrent also?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cycling :
the relationship between power / HR / lactate level probably move slightly every day. As I can't test that regularly, I usually refer to power to calibrate my training and races. And track relationship between HR and power.

Running :
same for relationship between HR / lactate level / speed (if flat).
Here I refer to HR or speed (if flat) to calibrate my training and races. And track relationship between HR and speed.

I know Arild test his athletes nearly every day (power, speed, HR, lactate, ...). I can't do that, and frankly it will be an overkill for me.

Zones (expressed in HR) are probably slightly different between cycling and running, but I can't track this that precisely, so I just use power when cycling and mostly HR and speed (if flat) when running.

From my (short) experience, the more you bike AND run, the less different the zone (in HR) appear to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are not from Arild and Gustav team?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would love to.... but no ;-)

Reason why I said initially I would also like to have their feedback on their HR% on these zones.

I follow Arild framework, but my zones were measured by french INSEP (national institute for sport), not by Arild team. Same concepts however. Base endurance and SweetSpot are well documented and shared concepts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gustav,

Congrats on a great 2019 season and congrats on your new sponsor deal with Giant! I look forward to following your 2020 season.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was so cool back in 2019. Congratulations Gustav. You are elevating the sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I assume you and Blu will head over to St. George for a speed workout in 3 weeks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Incredible, dominating race Gustav! The way you behaved and celebrated Sam Laidlow and Blu at the line was all class too. Chapeau.

I have to drop this in from the thread Kona Men's Race: Who Will Have the Biggest Meltdown. Perhaps the only person more confident than myself that you would win was, indeed, you? ;)

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7830259#p7830259
Last edited by: turdburgler: Oct 9, 22 5:43
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Incredible, dominating race Gustav! The way you behaved and celebrated Sam Laidlow and Blu at the line was all class too. Chapeau.

I have to drop this in from the thread Kona Men's Race: Who Will Have the Biggest Meltdown. Perhaps the only person more confident than myself that you would win was, indeed, you? ;)

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7830259#p7830259

Everyone always seems to forget that he confirmed Gustav Iden knows what Gustav Iden needs to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is Slowtwitch though, where the real experts reside...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would love a "how to skate a 10k" type manifesto write-up about your lead in and success.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations Gustav! Here are the important questions:

- Will you be surprised when Lionel starts racing in a Taiwanese baseball cap?

- Are conjugal visits allowed in the Sierra Nevada training facility? Kristian claims it’s forbidden.

- If China invades Taiwan will you enlist to defend the homeland?
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

- Are conjugal visits allowed in the Sierra Nevada training facility? Kristian claims it’s forbidden.

Wow! Didn't take long for someone to try and turn this into a Lionel thread!
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
- Are conjugal visits allowed in the Sierra Nevada training facility?
---
Don't beat around the bush. Ask him out directly.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

And takes even less time for someone to jump on anyone who utters his name
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyway, back to that Iden guy. He is pretty good, eh?
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gustav on Lionel: “I know his body. I’ve seen that body before!”

4:40 mark to 6:30 mark sums it up for Gustav. Classic footage! Love it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a new 2022 thread!
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Jackets wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

And takes even less time for someone to jump on anyone who utters his name

As it should be
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw some snippets of the post-race press-conference.
What was Sam L's comment about Gustav's beautiful nipples all about? What did i miss there?

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Gustav Iden here. Ask me anything [ArildT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First : congrats Gustav, incredible race, i envy how smooth and fast you run, but for that i need to born again

ArildT can you talk about your app, all the data you measure, and when will be available for the mortals?
Quote Reply

Prev Next