Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Guess who's back. Finman.
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, that was a waste of 10 minutes of my life.

By the way, what ever happened to Cowman? Anyone remember him in Kona?
Last edited by: Cannondale: Sep 28, 09 17:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, do we all owe him an apology?

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So ... can you paraphrase? No way I'm watching that video!

Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rod,

It's worth watching. Huge!

It's either a joke or many people around here are going to have a lot of egg on their faces.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am too. can't wait to see if he can really do it. and there is no walking 26.2 miles, there should be some sort of time limit on the marathons. under 5hrs for the first and 5.5 for the second? something b/c i can run a marathon and go walk a marathon the next day, nothing hard about that. but if he really does do it, good for him but i really can't wait to see what happens
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think if you have a year you can come up with some pretty good excuses.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This guy is classic....good for him that he got more business and marketing out of his finman escapade and whether he did IM Florida with or without fins and whether he flew back post IMFla to go and run the NYC marathon or not, the fact that he now wants to run a marathon the day before Arizona then do IM Arizona and then do a marathon the next day qualifies the dude as a certified nutcase. Why does he not just save everyone the pain of the "finman challenge" and he can just fly out to Kona and do Ultraman Hawaii on US Thanksgiving weekend....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm certain i have never had my opinion turned around on a guy this dramatically in the span of 10 minutes. if roman polanski is this persuasive, he'll not only get off, he'll be babysitting the judge's teenage girls. regardless of whether frank cardia wore fins in florida or not, he's the new king of turning a negative into a positive.

you better believe slowtwitch is covering the finman challenge live.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is he doing the first marathon with fins or the second marathon with fins? or first one with right fin, second with left fin. This can't be a finman challenge unless you carry your fins around for all legs. Somewhat like SOS where you gotta haul your running shoes around between legs of swimming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He mentions that he turns in the "found" fins on the second lap. I could be wrong, but from the pics on this thread...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ida_Finman_P2075494/

it looks like he's not even yet started (everyone is standing, some with goggles off).

It's been a while and can't remember if it was discussed, but was this before he started the swim or was it his second lap?

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Last edited by: Smil'n Hawaiian: Sep 28, 09 17:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a couple questions...

1. Doesn't this challenge really only apply for anyone who is signed up IMAZ? With most people placing a higher priority on their own PR at a 140.6 race than trying to prove something to some random dude, doesn't this automatically set it up for the "celebrity" to say, "Oh, no one wants to challenge me? Scared? Weak? I was right." (Or, something to that effect...)

2. If I can go faster than 12hrs10mins at 140.6, does that mean I can become a coach???

Gnothi Seauton.
Last edited by: JerseyQuaker: Sep 28, 09 21:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there are liars, and then there are professional liars...

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the exact same story he told the USAT officials and THEY LAUGHED HIM OUT OF THE ROOM. Seriously, I know the lawyer that handled the case, I've heard the story, they banned him for a year and gave him other sanctions. IT wasn't even close. What an asshole.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome!! That is absolutely EPIC!!! Love it! (I'm not crazy enough to do it, but I love the whole idea)

----------------------
Tri Me.
Work Me.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [Smil'n Hawaiian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The worst thing is that slowman locked down that thread, so we can't even bump it up for entertainment value!!!! ....I guess IMAZ is 1 year after Florida so his "ban" has expired!!!!

Maybe Marc Roy at Sportstats can print "FINMAN" on his race number and he can have a special NEON swim cap so that the lifeguards can track him through the swim
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Sep 28, 09 17:12
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i'm certain i have never had my opinion turned around on a guy this dramatically in the span of 10 minutes. if roman polanski is this persuasive, he'll not only get off, he'll be babysitting the judge's teenage girls. regardless of whether frank cardia wore fins in florida or not, he's the new king of turning a negative into a positive.

Neither I nor anyone else around here knows the truth as to the story of the fins, but marketing himself is what this guy does. Keep that in mind as you watch that. The guy sold mortgages prior to the mortgage crisis, if that gives any perspective.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [Smil'n Hawaiian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"He mentions that he turns in the "found" fins on the second lap. I could be wrong, but from the pics on this thread"

oh who cares. let's just stipulate that he wore the fins, notwithstanding his protestation. either way he's manning up about this, assuming he follows through. this is geraldo opening up al capone's vault live on TV. bravo i say.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since he and all his buddies are checking the site, can someone respond to how long that video has been up? Since IM AZ is full and has been for many months, how can someone actually take him up on the "challenge?"

Assuming it was put up in the last 6 months, wouldn't it take someone: (a) already registered for AZ, and (b) willing to sacrifice all the training they did for a good finish at IM AZ at the last minute to complete a meaningless "challenge?" Since the "challenge" doesn't include any promise that he would "win" (or define what "winning" is), and further does not provide any incentive to either compete or beat him?

Not really much of a challenge at all, IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [Med Tent Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
psychopath comes to mind
lot of classic signs
not afraid of overuse injury for one =)

In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Neither I nor anyone else around here knows the truth as to the story of the fins, but marketing himself is what this guy does. Keep that in mind as you watch that. The guy sold mortgages prior to the mortgage crisis, if that gives any perspective.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This guys got pure, hot steaming, unadulterated Bullshit running through his veins.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [Med Tent Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank Cardia is going to get more coverage on ST at IMAZ than Rappstar could possibly dream of !!!
Quote Reply
Re: Guess who's back. Finman. [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I just watched the finman video. It starts with this guy saying he is an endurance athlete who done numerous races and he is the famous finman. He then says that he found the fins and signalled for an official to come and get them. He stated this was one of his slowest swims (i think this was supposed to prove that he had not worn fins in the first half of the race). Then he says he drove to another city after the race was over to fly up to new york to do the marathon the next day. He thanks us all for the publicity.

Finally, he gives a challenge that he will run a marathon, do IM arizona the next day, and do another marathon the following day. Finally, he asks for your name and email to get more details about the challenge.
Quote Reply

Prev Next