Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150?
Quote | Reply

More here:

http://www.brightroom.com/...mp;PWD=&BIB=4107

Or... we can make this a caption contest and say silly things about his catheter and urine container ;-)

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ummm, did anyone find out who he was yet?

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
someone on the AMD/Discovery masters team?

almost as funny as people wearing a complete kit AND gloves in spin class
Last edited by: Jason D: May 3, 06 17:39
Quote Reply
Post deleted by GeeForces [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of my boys said they passed him up and commented on him this past weekend on our group ride. If you're going to dress the part, play the part. My boys said he wasn't too fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe sweatpants and a tank top would be more to his riding ability's liking...

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [GeeForces] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Guy's out donating to charity and you're bagging on him. Nice!

He almost appears to be winning the prologue here:

Lighten up dude... nobody's bagging on him... it's Salvodelli, right?

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That picture makes the water bottle thingie look like his saddle.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by GeeForces [ In reply to ]
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [GeeForces] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Training partners and I often make bets with stakes such as...."if you lose, you have to do the Saturday group ride in an aero helmet, T-Mobile skinsuit and on a mountain bike."

The bet never happens (where would one get a T-Mobile skinsuit anyway?), but just evidence of the nonsensical rambling while out riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Howdy,

I saw this first on the TXBRA (texas bike racing association) website. I made some catty comments; some other folks made some interesting observations:

A) This guy looks like he's having the time of his life.

B) From his outfit and rig, he has that kind of coin to drop on having the time of his life.

C) Being a competitive athlete, I easily forget what it's like for folks to do major events like the MS 150 or whatever, and what a milestone it is. For folks like this gentleman, finishing is the goal: no illusions of winning, or having a PR, just finishing. The folks I respect at local races are the folks competing on mtn bikes or hybrids. For them, finishing is the goal, and I have a lot more respect for folks like that and helps keep my desires for improvement and "winning" or placing in perspective.

D) On the TXBRA website I said that seeing this picture made me want to join 24 hour fitness. I also wondered if the dude shaved his legs to make him more aero. Nobody seemed to think that was funny.

Oh, well...

Best,

Robert

"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet."--Emily Dickinson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Somebody wearing cycling gear, whilst cycling. Shocker!

Deceptively slow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This reminds me of the snorkel thread.... : )
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really do not understand that ellisist attitude against people wearing team kits.

I do not care what they wear at least they are out there exercising instead of being on the couch.Anybody can wear whatever they like and we are living in a free society last time I looked.

--------------------------------------------------------
I see obsessed people.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [doubleplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And that free society also allows us to snicker as we pass them in their full team kit. I mean it's silly, come on. You're a mid packer pretending your on a pro team. Hell even if you're the fastest bike on the road that day, you're still not really on that team, it's seems really weak to pretend you are. Just go out and bust butt and have a good time. Save the role playing for the bedroom.

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [FastInAtl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 2005 Fasso Bortolo team kit and I enjoy wearing it. I'm not fast, but the kit is really comfy. Nalini makes some top-notch bib shorts.

My coach and I will wear them together, which he calls "fagging out". It's always good for a laugh and we don't take ourselves that seriously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike R

Software Engineer and Mac geek
Aspiring to be front-middle-of-the-pack in 2010.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [FastInAtl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<Puts on his Red Sox cap and goes out to play catch with his kid>
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [miker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's cool, my view is probably too extreme. I've just met a lot of idiots dressed up in team gear and it's given me a real bad taste for the whole thing. I have to admit that if you and your friends really enjoy it there's cetainly no harm. I mean it's not going to keep me and my friends from making jokes, but I shouldn't become vitriolic about it.

-Andrew Saar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I've just met a lot of idiots dressed up in team gear and it's given me a real bad taste for the whole thing. I have to admit that if you and your friends really enjoy it there's cetainly no harm. I mean it's not going to keep me and my friends from making jokes, but I shouldn't become vitriolic about it."

Wondering who's the idiot. You judge a person as an idiot for what they're wearing while cycling? What do you wear? Look in the mirror! Every car that goes by has a driver who probably thinks you're an idiot. And that shoe may very well fit.

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the MS 150 ride, and this guy came cruising past me soon after the start of the second day. With the disc, I could hear him coming a mile away.

It is not that he is in team gear that makes it a bit strange, it that he is in all that time trial gettup and doing a ride with 15,000 cyclists, half of them are novists. It's just strange to see a guy with an alien headgear on and all in the midst of all these people. 15,000 bikers is a pretty solid line of people for miles and miles and miles.

I had to think this guy was trying to be funny and noteworthy on purpose. Looks like it worked. Grats to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not even one pic of him on the aero bars.

WHAT A POSER!!

Lewis
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear pantaloons and a crop top, what's your point?

-Andrew Saar
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [doubleplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I really do not understand that ellisist attitude against people wearing team kits.

I do not care what they wear at least they are out there exercising instead of being on the couch.Anybody can wear whatever they like and we are living in a free society last time I looked.[/reply]

Betty and doubleplay... it's not that he's wearing a team kit... it's that he's on his TIME TRIAL RACING bike, with his CARBON RACING WHEELS, and SKINSUIT, and AERO BOOTIES and AERO HELMET on a MS 150 RIDE... RIDE... not race... RIDE

To you two it would be appropriate to say:

"If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand"
Quote Reply
Re: Guess which Discovery Team rider did the MS 150? [Lactic Achole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a picture of the aerobars if you go to the brightroom link.

This guy is definitely a triathalete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next