Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Groin Pains
Quote | Reply
I started to ramp up running a bit a couple of months ago after not running much for awhile. Wasn’t doing much volume but am realizing that I was doing too much intensity...was also doing a lot of intensity on the bike. After a couple of months, my fitness was declining and I was pretty aware that it was because I was just doing too much intensity the run and the bike and it zapped me. Anyhow, i also started getting serious groin discomfort...I’ve had groin pulls in the past where it hurt just in between my inner groin and bits in pieces and only on the right side. This is different...it just feels really sore and painful up both sides of my groin, and feels like it goes all the way up the groin on both sides up the front of the upper legs to the front of the pelvis and it feels really tight. I stopped running outside and have been on the treadmill for the last week or so and it seemed like it wasn’t as bad but I can’t run with pace at all. I ran outside today and it came back full force after about 15 minutes...it sucks and feels like I can’t even lift my legs to stride forward.

I don’t know what caused this...maybe too much intensity too quick after a lay-off? It’s even uncomfortable on the bike, but I don’t think the bike is what caused it.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what’d u do,
Quote Reply
Re: Groin Pains [SBRmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had similar pain and I ignored for couple for months.
I kept running and cycling and feeling pain very time after each session (sharp pain).
Once I couldn't walk w/o pain....I decided to go to a doctor (Pain started in December 2018)
Result: Sports Hernia (Pubalgia) and Inguinal Hernia. Laparoscopy Surgery (in May 2019) and after 3 months, I was running and biking pain free !
So....If your pain get worst, go to a doctor and resolve this thing. You will save time !

Anyway, take 2 weeks complete off and see how it is. If you feel pain, go to a doc.
Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Groin Pains [SBRmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might want to get a Hypervolt GO or similar percussion gun and work those tissues.

My left upper leg is right on the edge - full circle. So finally got a GO on order last month, and have been drubbing it when I can.
When I run @ speed I can feel certain muscles seem close to pulling. Hasn't happened yet tho.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply