Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gravel vs Road Riding Position
Quote | Reply
For those of you have both road and gravel bikes and ride them both, how does your fit change between these two bikes?

I recently built up my gravel bike, with the end result being a little shorter in over all length between the saddle to the hoods, less drop between the saddle to hoods, and a little more setback from the BB for the saddle. Overall, I think it's a little less aggressive than the road position. I expected to feel a little more comfortable given the higher hoods position, but I feel the position is off. Not sure why. I wonder if I should just copy my road position first, and then start tweaking from there.
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel vs Road Riding Position [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like you would just want to take your road position and rotate it around the bottom bracket. Then again I'm not a bike fitter.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel vs Road Riding Position [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
I feel like you would just want to take your road position and rotate it around the bottom bracket. Then again I'm not a bike fitter.
I don't think the concept of rotating a position makes much sense except for maintaining leg reach and hip angle, even then it won't be exact because everything doesn't rotate. Gravity and the ground stay where they were so contact point and their relationships with the body, plus head orientation, don't simply rotate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I try to set as identical as possible. Tons of miles road and gravel. 2 different bikes.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine are the same except for a slightly higher and wider Bars. I am not is as big a hurry on the gravel bike so it is more comfortable if I am riding slow and looking at the scenery. A little wider bar is helpful on rougher trails. I also ride the same saddle on my TT, road and gravel bikes
Last edited by: grumpier.mike: Jun 30, 20 21:24
Quote Reply