Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gravel bike: GRX Di2 or AXS?
Quote | Reply
I already have 11-speed Force 1x on bike. I want to switch to electronic. It’s meeting my wife half way on a new bike. :)

GRX Di2 seems like a PIA to install with all the wires. It’s a PIA to even buy. No idea WTF all these wires are. Is it as complicated as it seems to install?

GRX requires less of an investment since I have 11-speed. AXS requires a couple more components but the lure of a wireless system is strong. What are your thoughts on 12-speed?

Quote | Reply
Di2 can seem confusing but as long as everything is plugged together it will work. The order doesn't really matter. It takes a little planning to figure out which length wires to order but a piece of string and a tape measure can sort that out pretty quick.

https://di2center.com/...t-parts-do-you-need/

Di2 GRX is really nice kit, I've got about 1000 miles on it and I think it's great.

The newest Force AXS kit makes it much better suited to gravel (especially 2x gravel) than it was not long ago. I'm not sure how the two compare price wise right now but I'm sure you'd enjoy riding either one.
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel bike: GRX Di2 or AXS? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Di2 is simple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GRX shifters were what sold me on going GRX Di2. They just feel great.

Set up is typically a one time thing so I would be looking at what it’s like to live with.

I have been very happy with my choice. I opted for 2x so range so 12spd wasn’t much of a concern.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used be 100% SRAM. Then I got one bike with Di2 and one with eTap. The Di2 bike shifts better.

If i was building a new gravel bike today, i would 100% use di2. I'm not sure if i would go with a full GRX group or not. The GRX shifters look great. I'd have to do more research on the derailleurs and crankset before I pulled the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel bike: GRX Di2 or AXS? [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GRX Di2 is sweet. Easy and consistent. AXS is noisy, needs more frequent charging and (in my opinion) has worse brakes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I will say is put your hands on both hoods before you make a decision. I have AXS hydraulic and the hoods are a joke. Absolutely huge, bulky not very ergo. I have the newest Di2 on the road bike and the hoods are much smaller, more ergonomic and very comfy.

I would go Di2 all the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GRX Di2 all the way. I have it and it’s a pretty flawless setup in my opinion.

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply