Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - IT'S DONE (with new pictures)
Quote | Reply
I can't decide if I should decorate my refurbished disc wheel with decals (originally a HED or RENN I think), or if I should just leave it black-

what do y'all think?

current state (yes it's a Schwinn hybrid, and it's my favorite bike, so be nice):

specialized, easton, cervelo:

kobe, sci-fi, punisher:

time, coke zero, karen:

Last edited by: jackie11111: Apr 8, 21 16:40
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote [jackie11111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I vote on getting rid of that kickstand...

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote [jackie11111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time. That's pretty unique.
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOLZ - forgot to remove it via photoshop
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
Time. That's pretty unique.

I like time too. But before you do, you must figure out if it’s a HED or Renn...those are VERY different wheels. One of structural carbon and one is not. No particular reason why. I just think that’s something you should know about the wheel you are going to invest in
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Mar 20, 21 16:45
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote! [jackie11111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I vote for keeping the kickstand and everything else about the bike. I think it's awesome and unique!

Definitely don't put a bike, wheel, or component brand on it. It would be odd to have Specialized if neither the bike nor wheel are specialized.

I like Punisher, Coke, Kobe, and Karen, in that order.
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
...you must figure out if it’s a HED or Renn...those are VERY different wheels. One of structural carbon and one is not. No particular reason why. I just think that’s something you should know about the wheel you are going to invest in

well, i already bought the disc wheel (ebay).

I'm pretty sure it's an old HED (super thin bonded carbon fairing over spoked wheel). It's 700c, 10-speed only (or 7 as shown), clincher. It was all mega dented (literally like 50 dents per side), so I bondo-ed and painted it black.
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote! [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
I vote for keeping the kickstand and everything else about the bike. I think it's awesome and unique!

Thank you so much.
Last edited by: jackie11111: Mar 20, 21 17:13
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote! [jackie11111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote! [DylanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DylanD wrote:
110% either Coke Zero or live laugh love

I was going to say anything *but* those two.

Umbrella Corp. for me.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 20, 21 17:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello jackie11111 and All,

UMBRELLA for sure .... this is the T (Tyrant) -Virus age ... Covid pandemic is rising meme

Besides the umbrella has a bit of retro look ... Arnie Palmer

Runner up is TIME ... Cleats and Clock ... I like it ...

Also since in real life and in our imagination ... the wheel will not be static ... but always be in motion ...

And after doing such a good job ... it is a shame to have to redo it ....

But if Howard Hughes can reshoot a movie just to get the clouds in it ....

https://www.historynet.com/...got-his-nickname.htm

Please view this new problem as an opportunity ...

Sorry, but you will have to submit new designs ... with the wheel in motion ...

and of course ... with the design looking better the faster the wheel turns.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackie11111 wrote:
I can't decide if I should decorate my refurbished disc wheel with decals (originally a HED or RENN I think), or if I should just leave it black-

what do y'all think?

current state (yes it's a Schwinn hybrid, and it's my favorite bike, so be nice):

specialized, easton, cervelo:

kobe, sci-fi, punisher:

time, coke zero, karen:

Love this. Great job. I love the specialized, time and coke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Punisher and time for me

As an aside how do you get these ? I have the trek factory racing speed concept and would love the time decals but with tfr written on it like jensie’s hour record on my disc.
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote! [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since absolutely nobody asked, this is the 'before' (a 2007 or so Schwinn Tourist hybrid) - I bought it used/filthy/forgotten for $40!

Last edited by: jackie11111: Mar 20, 21 23:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the umbrella
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time. 10000000%. you getting it to go quicker, and having a spinning clock on your back wheel is pretty close to a time machine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i vote no sticker / decal... flat black looks classy.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Punisher logo getting co-opeted by iii%er militia, wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Umbrella looks good and has some meaning. A covid spike virus would be another option...?

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Last edited by: realAB: Mar 21, 21 6:43
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote! [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
As an aside how do you get these ? ...would love the time decals but with tfr written on it like jensie’s hour record on my disc.

The TIME clock face design isn't a single decal (there are lots of clock face decals on Amazon, but finding one with the right font and overall size is a challenge). But I figure it could be created using off-the-shelf peel and stick numbers, dots, and maybe some 1/4" white/red vinyl tape for the clock hands . Actual bike company logos (like the TIME on the clock face) you can find on ebay.

Most of the other designs are premade decals or wall art I found on Amazon, Etsy, etc.

The Umbrella one, unfortunately, I don't really know how you'd go about creating that one - I suppose a professional vinyl/sign shop would be your best bet.
Last edited by: jackie11111: Mar 21, 21 8:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackie11111 wrote:
IamSpartacus wrote:
As an aside how do you get these ? ...would love the time decals but with tfr written on it like jensie’s hour record on my disc.

The TIME clock face design isn't a single decal (there are lots of clock face decals on Amazon, but finding one with the right font and overall size is a challenge). But I figure it could be created using off-the-shelf peel and stick numbers, dots, and maybe some 1/4" white/red vinyl tape for the clock hands . Actual bike company logos (like the TIME on the clock face) you can find on ebay.

Most of the other designs are premade decals or wall art I found on Amazon, Etsy, etc.

The Umbrella one, unfortunately, I don't really know how you'd go about creating that one - I suppose a professional vinyl/sign shop would be your best bet.

You could easily go to a vinyl graphic company in your local and have one made the exact size you need. I do this all the time. Very reasonable if it's just printing an image.
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote! [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Runner up is TIME ... Cleats and Clock ... I like it ...

Sorry, but you will have to submit new designs ... with the wheel in motion ...

Well, this one can give you an unfair advantage once its spinning - At the right speed, you can literally hypnotize the competition.

Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [jackie11111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My vote's for the time / clock design..... And if you go w/removal decals for the hands you can change and set it to your goal time for the race, PB, or other. e.g. I think a 10:10 IM time is pretty impressive.

also... took a few looks before I even noticed the cat recovering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello jackie11111 and All,

Well done!

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd stay away from punisher. I get it's a classic tough guy/gal motorcycle kind of logo thing to do, but some rough folks have adopted it also.

I like the clock with changing hands for your goal time.

Also, Nyan Cat.........do it.
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel - vote vote vote! [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a disc wheel decorated like this, highly effective I thought.

Quote Reply

Prev Next