Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [etocaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I wouldn't resent that comment since that is really one hell of a "Franken-Crank" he's got going there, crossing up Bontrager and FSA components like that!!!

Are you implying this is bad???? I got a clearance deal on the Bontrager crankset with BB (no chainrings), so I figured why not get some nice looking chainrings instead of the stock ones. No shifting issues or anything so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for a 3-month review!
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [mlennox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [Norm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [bjornm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa! A little heavy on the POST REPLY button there. I am interested in your thoughts as well. I purchased the 705 and hope to have a Quarq by December if all goes well. Also debating on software--WKO or Sports Tracks. Any input on that would be appreciated as well.

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [christian1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes... I wanted to make sure we got all 3 reviwewrs attention :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aha, a method to the madness. Nicely done. Sorry I blew up :)

chris

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem :)

Now let's hope these guys take the bait so that this spam feast was not for nothing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are my thoughts so far. The device is still working great. I have ridden it on my computrainer a couple of times and the power numbers have been about 2.5% off (the Quarq is high) but this is normal given that the Quarq measures at the crank and the Cinqo measures at the wheel. The two things I would like improved are:

1. A reduction in the delay getting data from the Cinqo to the Edge 705. I hope this is a 705 problem that will be fixed with the Cranium.
2. A smaller head unit for racing. All the bells and whistles of a 705 or Cranium are really cool when training but when i'm racing all I want is heart rate, distance, speed and average power. There has been some discussion on the google power group that the Ant+Sport power tap head unit should work. It's nice and small and would be great for races.

Aside from that I'm very happy. I rode the Cinqo during the Muskoka 70.3 which was a wet day and there were no drop outs at all and the data was as I expected it. My only complaint is the 1 second delay getting data to the head unit.

Hope this helps,
Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Last edited by: redtdi: Oct 6, 08 13:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have liked to see a different head unit as an option when I was looking at purchasing. The 705 seems to be the economical choice though. Is that lag something you think they can work out?

chris

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I would have liked to see a different head unit as an option when I was looking at purchasing. The 705 seems to be the economical choice though. Is that lag something you think they can work out?
At the moment there is an issue with the 705 and the "Smart Recording" feature. According to Gear Fisher this will be addressed in version 3 of the WKO+ software and the 705 has new firmware version 2.4 that allows you enough ride-time RAM to handle long rides with the "standard" 1 second recording interval:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=2023882;#2023882

Basically the current 305/705 firmware limits you to 3.5hr rides in 1s interval recording, forcing you to use the smart recording feature. It uses a variable timescale, but WKO+ treats all data points as equal in time. So when you start off from a light or do a short sprint it treats the 1-2 second records as equal to the normal 6-12 second recording intervals of the 705. With my 305 this screws up the average speed by as much as 6.5% compared to reality.

Regarding screens and stuff, I LOVED the update to the Ergomo that allowed me to throw on as much stuff as possible. My 305 is currently set up to show me:
Speed - avg speed
cadence - HR
elevation - distance
Ridetime - clock time
The second screen is set up with lap data for training, which I look at occasionally. But I can fit 90% of what I want to know on the one screen without even touching a button. That is worth tons to me as I hated having to click through screens just to get to display speed, cadence and power. I'll probably replace elevation with "last lap avg speed" for most of my training rides so I can get everything I really care about in 1 screen.

Mad
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [triguy42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Basically the current 305/705 firmware limits you to 3.5hr rides in 1s interval recording, forcing you to use the smart recording feature. It uses a variable timescale, but WKO+ treats all data points as equal in time. So when you start off from a light or do a short sprint it treats the 1-2 second records as equal to the normal 6-12 second recording intervals of the 705. With my 305 this screws up the average speed by as much as 6.5% compared to reality.

Firmware version 2.4 for the Garmin Edge 705 has been out since the end of August or so. If you update your Edge 705 with that firmware, you will no longer have the 4 hour recording limit using 1s recording. We recommend everyone using a Garmin 705 with their CinQo update to version 2.4 for optimal results.

Mieke
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

From some data collected by Jim Meyer of Quarq in February. Black line is PT, red line is Cinqo. X-axis is distance (in km). Cinqo appears to show good overall fit to the PT, though with a few spikes in power and speed (for example, in these data Cinqo showed a couple of anomalous records in excess of 2700 watts). The PT's cadence appears to be hub-based.

Robert: This may have already been answered, but what process and/or software did you use to generate this overlay?

Thanks,
Gene
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
powertap may work on the new garmin 310 xt watch! if you didn't want to wear it you could use one of those polar handlebar mounts.

Dan
http://www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed! [jedi_tri_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really agree with the compact crank comment too, they've been at it for a while now especially with the Cervelo Test Team, when is the compact crank coming!! Also Campag compatible, god that would be awesome!

http://www.facebook.com/ReconFoundationTeam
http://www.facebook.com/MarineReconFoundation
http://www.reconfoundation.org
Quote Reply

Prev Next