Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mailed my FSA Team cranks to Quarq and they mounted the sensor.

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The CinQo is definitely an AWESOME product. I've been in communications with Mieke at Quarq for almost 6 months and received mine 2 days ago. I've attached some pictures, I decided to go with a slightly "sexier" setup with the Bontrager Crankset outfitted with an FSA TT chainring. Bottom line, these guys were meticulous and resisted the temptation to get the product out the door too fast, and it's clear from the end result how well put together this thing really is.

Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [mlennox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I resent your "sexier setup" comment! ;-) Are you saying my probably first in Canada Cinqo is ugly? hehe

I was resisting the urge to call the Cinqo "awesome" due to how new it is but I do have to say it kicks ass IMHO! You really have to respect people who resist the urge to put out a less than perfect product even when they probably have bills to pay.

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't see any of those spikes in my data viewing it in WKO+. Would WKO be doing some smooting or maybe the product was tweaked a little to reduce the spikes.

I will try and do a CompuTrainer with ErgVideos interval ride next week to see both PMs working at the same time.

Ken

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that thing as reliable as ERGOMO?
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
in these data Cinqo showed a couple of....records in excess of 2700 watts
Must've been one of my power files....I wonder how he got it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marc, thanks for posting. I can't wait for the TdG P8 to Champlain Uphill TT next week so we can get some real data. I really think to go ~20:30 on that TT someone 140 lbs with a reasonable aero position has to put out ~300W. How about you start behind me. I think you went 20:20 2 weeks ago and I went 20:15 this week, so we should have some good data....what is the cheapest version of this and when is it coming out with Compact Cranks?

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice to see that shipping to Canada did not appear to be a problem.

I also am considering. I postponed my PM purchase to next spring and it will more than likely boil down to Quarq or PT 2.4 wireless.

By then, the compact version will more than likely be out. And I must agree that the Quarq folks appear to want to get this done the right way.
Last edited by: BK14: Jul 4, 08 7:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the skinny on reliability in the elements?
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody knows. The unit looks completely sealed but they've only been available for a couple of days. I presume it's good because Mieke and Jim have been using them on their cross bikes.

Ken

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man....1k for the Quranium! I think i'd be taking that thing off my bike and running with it so nobody steals it in transition.
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Man....1k for the Quranium! I think i'd be taking that thing off my bike and running with it so nobody steals it in transition.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I resent your "sexier setup" comment! ;-) Are you saying my probably first in Canada Cinqo is ugly? hehe

I was resisting the urge to call the Cinqo "awesome" due to how new it is but I do have to say it kicks ass IMHO! You really have to respect people who resist the urge to put out a less than perfect product even when they probably have bills to pay.

Ken

I resent your "first in Canada" comment. You need to back up a statement like that with a proof. ;-)

http://www.fedex.com/...254381&pieceNum=
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Marc, thanks for posting. I can't wait for the TdG P8 to Champlain Uphill TT next week so we can get some real data. I really think to go ~20:30 on that TT someone 140 lbs with a reasonable aero position has to put out ~300W. How about you start behind me. I think you went 20:20 2 weeks ago and I went 20:15 this week, so we should have some good data....what is the cheapest version of this and when is it coming out with Compact Cranks?

Dev

I'm definitely going to take a good run at the TT next Wednesday, 2 broken ribs or not. Should be interesting.

As for the compact crank version, I think they are saying "second production run", so probably realistically not until the end of summer. As for price, you can get the Garmin 705 at GPSCity.ca for around $500, no PST since they are in Alberta. The Quarq CinQo is US$1200, and then you'll need a compatible crankset (SRAM S900, etc.), but these are relatively cheap. I was able to pickup the Bontrager crankset and BB on eBay for $110.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I resent your "first in Canada" comment. You need to back up a statement like that with a proof. ;-)

http://www.fedex.com/...mp;pieceNum=[/reply]

http://www.fedex.com/...5901382&pieceNum= Fine you win! I was going to try use a technicality like mine arrived in Canada before yours (even though it wasn't in my hands), but you beat me by about 20 minutes on that one too! Ken

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're triathletes...everything is a competition...did you guys get sportstats timing on those delivery, or did you get the full "OMEGA" Olympic class timing system?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I didn't see any of those spikes in my data viewing it in WKO+. Would WKO be doing some smooting or maybe the product was tweaked a little to reduce the spikes.

Don't yet know, which is why I've put off a full-blown Rosetta-like comparison. I was waiting for the production models to come out. The spikes do appear in more than one of the files I've looked at. Hunter Allen once made a slightly cryptic comment on the Wattage list that WKO+ reads in the data exactly as they are put out by the computer head, unlike the software supplied by manufacturers. Having said that, the raw Cinqo data as filtered through the Garmin 705 look slightly smoothed compared to the raw PT data (absent the spikes, of course). Tossing the Garmin 705 into the mix adds a layer of complexity that makes me worry that the head unit one uses may affect the downloaded data.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice crank and chain ring, they would probably look nice on my Lucero (especially the Bontrager Crankset) !
We can swap yours with mine during the next TdG :)
I hope your broken ribs are healing pretty fast!

Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

http://www.fedex.com/...mp;pieceNum=

http://www.fedex.com/...5901382&pieceNum= Fine you win! I was going to try use a technicality like mine arrived in Canada before yours (even though it wasn't in my hands), but you beat me by about 20 minutes on that one too! Ken[/reply]
:-) Too bad I busted 2 ribs last week in a nasty crash. I think you'll get more use out of yours than me for the next few weeks Ken.

But I must say after getting it installed and trying it out I'm very pleased and impressed. I really feel these guys have the right stuff over Saris, SRM and Ergomo and will continue to get better as more versions come out along with their Qranium computer. What has impressed me the most is their "open door" policy, responsiveness to customer feedback and their adopting the ANT+Sport protocol right from the start. While SRM and Saris are moving in the direction (which is good for all of us), they have a long history of a proprietary closed-system mindset which takes time to break down.
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We're triathletes...everything is a competition...did you guys get sportstats timing on those delivery, or did you get the full "OMEGA" Olympic class timing system?

I think where Ken lost the race was in T1 (customs)... Ken you need to work on T1. I was on the phone with Fedex prior to transition so they would have my credit card number ready to bill the taxes with no delay. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I think where Ken lost the race was in T1 (customs)... Ken you need to work on T1. I was on the phone with Fedex prior to transition so they would have my credit card number ready to bill the taxes with no delay. ;-)
I knew I should have done more brick shipments!

Last edited by: redtdi: Jul 4, 08 8:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

http://www.fedex.com/...mp;pieceNum=

http://www.fedex.com/...5901382&pieceNum= Fine you win! I was going to try use a technicality like mine arrived in Canada before yours (even though it wasn't in my hands), but you beat me by about 20 minutes on that one too! Ken[/reply] Was that chip time or gun time?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet setup indeed. Wish I'd thought of going with the TT chainring <sigh>.

(Don't forget to take off the Garmin wheel sensor, though - it's superfluous at this point.)
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [Alex Simmons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Looks a little out of phase as the ride progresses but tracks nicely! Do they handle stops/drops differently?

That's probably due to the PT not tracking time correctly...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Quarq Cinqo installed (with pics)! [Norm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
(Don't forget to take off the Garmin wheel sensor, though - it's superfluous at this point.)

Does that mean you lose the ability to record speed/distance for indoor activities?
Quote Reply

Prev Next