Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good value used bike models?
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get back into tris after years off, and am looking for a new bike. I had an old P2SL and thought a 54 fit well. I'm looking for used bikes that fit similarly, but wanted to know if any of them are recommended or best avoided. I'm looking toward the long and low side of fit coordinates since I've got long arms. My short list is

Cervelo P2 or P3 54cm
Felt DA or B16 54cm
Quintana Roo PR 52cm, Illicito Medium
BMC TT Medium Long
Orbea Ordu Medium
Fuji Norcom Medium Large
might be able to make a Speed Concept Medium work, but reach is getting short.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

See your bike fit. https://bikefitr.appspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Good value used bike models? [Stubob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott Plasma III is fast, and a rare Plasma III TT with the shark stem is even better. If you find one in 54cm or S size respectively, I pay you every prize.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best value for used tri bikes is Cervelo IMO. Not only because you're getting a good bike, they hold their value well and will be easier to sell when the time comes. In other words, used value includes resale value after you're finished and how easy it will sell.

I have a Speed Concept and love it, but it's a pain to change out the front stem if you want to raise or lower the front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would put Argon18 on your list. Good prices, especially if you buy from a Canuck with your mighty USD.

Quote Reply
Re: Good value used bike models? [BergHugi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure the Plasma is long enough in my size, it looks pretty short.

See your bike fit. https://bikefitr.appspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm getting back into tri's after 12 or so years.

So I went on the Bay and found my old frame. A QR TiPhoon and got it for $85.

I'd say that is some good value!

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek SC. Lots of mediums on eBay for $1800. It’s old, yes. But every bike is just now designing theirs to be what it has been for 6 years.

Plus rim brakes.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you say good value, what do you mean? The $85 purchase mentioned above is good value but maybe lower end that you'd like. A Dura Ace Di2 SuperSlice from EF is $3300, which is an incredible deal, but might be above budget. Is there a price range you're looking for? I have a feeling anything with rim brakes is getting cheap these days. I'm selling my P5 (58cm, not your size) and I'm starting to think I'll be lucky to get a $5k for the complete bike with top-shelf parts.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Nov 20, 20 20:43
Quote Reply