Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good treadmill for under $500?
Quote | Reply
Anybody out there managed to get a durable treadmill (that you can run on) for under $500. I do almost all my running outdoors but the wife hates the cold and for thunderstorms it would be nice to get a decent run at home.

Swim, Forrest, Swim. Bike, Forrest, Bike. Run, Forrest, Run.
Quote Reply
Re: Good treadmill for under $500? [IntheHunt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, no such thing. Good will cost a lot more.
Quote Reply
Re: Good treadmill for under $500? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I should edit the title to decent or won't break into a hundred pieces if I go over 8mph. Seriously, will I be wasting my money? How much would a decent one run me?

Quote Reply
Re: Good treadmill for under $500? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, no such thing. I did a lot of looking for one two years ago and minimum you are looking at $1200. If you can find a used one you might have more luck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Good treadmill for under $500? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ditto!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Anybody out there managed to get a durable treadmill (that you can run on) for under $500. I do almost all my running outdoors but the wife hates the cold and for thunderstorms it would be nice to get a decent run at home.

Think you would have to go used.

A great value in treadmills is the Nordictrack treadmill that can be bought at Costco, but its still $900.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some nice rebuily life fitness 9500 's on ebay for around 1200.00 . A bargain as you alone can never wear one out. Well probably cannot wear one out unless you put in 200 miles a week. 500.00 do not waist your money . Buy some nice carbon for the bike and HTFU and run outside. When the 500.00 treadmill is broke it becomes a clothes hanger. When there is carbon on your bike and its hanging on the wall it becomes art.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...?hash=item2c51b6fd9c

Last edited by: bmanners: Nov 18, 09 18:18
Quote Reply
Re: Good treadmill for under $500? [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I have ruled out the $500 and have upped the anti to $900. I found a decent deal that has a lifetime warranty on frame and motor and all other parts covered for 3 years and they come and fix it in home. By then I can upgrade if necessary, hopefully it will work.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Costco carries on in that price range that is pretty highly rated. The Nordictrack C1500. ABout the best money you can spend in that price range.

Quote | Reply
What kind of dreadmill was it? I find with the wider and longer the running surface easier it is to keep up with the dreadmill. It's probably all in my head but ...... Ipod recharger, fan and polar compatability are all a big plus. Polar comparability is a must in book. Yes I am one of those HR goofballs/

Re: Good treadmill for under $500? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly what we got - NordicTrack from Costco - great deal. I am 6'3, 205 lbs and it works great. Researching Slowtwitch pointed me towards a website called Treadmill Doctor (http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/) which greatly assisted in our decision. I think we paid $700.00 a few years ago. David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

There's a great possibility that you can see some because of the holiday season. Try to walk around your place. Or go online and search for some sites that allow buying online like eBay and amazon.

treadmills for sale | treadmills
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would agree in going the used route. I just picked up a commercial grade treadmill that was originally $3,100 for $375 on craigslist. It is a few years old, but has been great so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer the Merit 715T Plus Treadmill, it's the best treadmill for home use under $500

Treadmill Reviews and Guideline to Best Home Treadmills
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good treadmill for under $500?
Get a gym membership...
Quote Reply