Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good cycling roads near champions gate Florida?
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions? Will I be better served to drive to start or can I ride out the door?

How is the van fleet trail?

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: Good cycling roads near champions gate Florida? [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Van fleet is nice. Florida for biking? Not so nice. Lots of traffic, lots of tourists, that are lost and/or not paying attention.

I ride outside only on Saturday mornings. All other rides on done indoors using FulGaz.

Be careful
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve ridden Van Fleet in the past. Had to drive from champions gate. I would say it’s okay. Flat and straight. Not exciting plus there were a few sandy sections. But no traffic worries.

I’ve also tried to take 27 from Champions Gate to get up to Clermont. There is a bike lane so thought it would be fine but lots of traffic and there are a ridiculous number of traffic lights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed that road riding is hard in Florida. Few drivers are paying attention for bikes. I’d suggest driving to your location. I’m just north of Tampa so not sure how far you’d drive but there are some really nice paved trails around this area. Suncoast Parkway, Flatwoods Park, Withlacochee River Trail. Let me know if you’d like more on these or to meet up sometime.

Have you checked out AllTrails and TrailForks? I see there is the Cross Seminole Trail around that general area. Also, there are some rails to trails paved paths, too, over toward Daytona I believe as well.

You might not be looking for races yet but there is a Gran Fondo in San Antonio, FL 3 weeks from today that should be really nice.

Good luck and stay safe!
Last edited by: mrfreeze: Feb 28, 21 17:21
Quote Reply