Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gomez wheel problem at WC 70.3?
Quote | Reply
I was just watching the TV (NBCSHD) cast of 70.3 WC and from what I could see (not a great picture) it appeared that Gomez was riding with a completely open and totally loose rear quick release skewer. It wasn't just turning like the nut had loosened - it was flapping and flailing as if the nut had come completely off and it just hadn't fallen out yet. He appears to be using a classic Shimano silver tear drop skewer which makes it visible against the black disc background. If this is actually the case, he is very lucky to be riding a bike (Specialized Shiv) with vertical dropouts -horizontals would probably caused rubbing, serious drag and a possible blowout .
Anybody else notice this or see/hear anything about it?
Quote Reply
Re: Gomez wheel problem at WC 70.3? [trimule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wasn’t a skewer, it was a rubber band.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Last edited by: oscaro: Sep 5, 18 20:55
Quote Reply
Re: Gomez wheel problem at WC 70.3? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was discussed on the race thread; the general consensus was that it was likely the remnants of a rubber band used to secure his shoes in T1.

I saw it live too and had the same thoughts (that it was the skewer) but my feed quality was too low to make it out properly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My feed quality watching on FB was more than good enough to see that it was a rubber band.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone - end of thread - RIP
Quote Reply