Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gold Beach, OR Info Request
Quote | Reply
My family will be staying 10 days in Oregon next month. My wife is training for Lotoja (200+) mile race and needs to get in her rides. Two questions for anyone familiar with the Gold Beach area:
1. Is there a shop or anyone willing to rent a bike in the area?
2. Any suggestions of good rides?
Thanks,
Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Beach, OR Info Request [wazafatass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wazafatass wrote:
1. Is there a shop or anyone willing to rent a bike in the area?
2. Any suggestions of good rides?

1. Don't know. Sorry.
2. Oregon Coast Bike Route:
http://www.oregon.gov/...e_route_map.pdf?ga=t
I've done parts from Brookings north towards Gold Beach. Nice. LOTS of traffic this time of year but good shoulders for the most part. She'll probably see plenty of touring bikers. Carpenterville Road is also a possibility although narrow and winding. Not sure I'd want to run into too many logging trucks on it at the speeds they use.
Quote Reply
Re: Gold Beach, OR Info Request [wazafatass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just in Brookings during the first week of July and had some great rides going North towards Gold Beach. The 101 had very light traffic during my rides which were typically between 5:30 and 8:30am, after about 7:30 the traffic would start to pick up but still pretty light. I was mainly riding between Brookings and Pistol River State Park, so a little south of where you will be but the traffic should be similar. I must say that it was some of the most beautiful riding I have done, hard to keep your eyes on the road and off of the coastline. I also spent some time on Carpenterville Rd and Cape Ferrelo Rd and had almost no traffic, just be sure to scout it out on a map first, it can get a little confusing on those back roads.
Quote Reply