Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Giro Advantage 2
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I'm making a comeback to the sport this summer after having not raced since August 2010. Question, is the Giro Advantage Helmet still safe to use? It has hung in the garage for nine years. Is the helmet still relevant? I'm not sure where the comeback will lead so I'm not looking to spend a ton of money. I am racing my 2008 Cervelo P 2 C.
Thanks

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage 2 [IAGLIYDW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IAGLIYDW wrote:
Hi,
I'm making a comeback to the sport this summer after having not raced since August 2010. Question, is the Giro Advantage Helmet still safe to use? It has hung in the garage for nine years. Is the helmet still relevant? I'm not sure where the comeback will lead so I'm not looking to spend a ton of money. I am racing my 2008 Cervelo P 2 C.
Thanks

The helmet is still relevant---I ride with one. But, I guess I'd be concerned about the structural integrity of the foam that's supposed to protect your head if its been hanging in summer temps for 9 years. That said, you can still buy new ones REALLY cheap.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage 2 [IAGLIYDW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not as sure fire of a choice as it was 9yr ago. But it's still a top 5 helmet for most people.

IDK if I'd ride 9 yo helmet.

Do you have a wife & kids? What about a HUGE policy payout?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage 2 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is funny, I think I may have to upgrade, the helmet that is.

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply