Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Giant steps into triathlon
Quote | Reply
Can a genuine dedicated Giant tri bike be forthcoming?

http://www.giant-bicycle.com/...asp?lArticleID=10051
Quote Reply
Re: Giant steps into triathlon [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, I doubt it. It's fortuitous for Giant that they have a bike that is well suited for ITU racing. The bike they're offering is still a road geometry through and through. Could one race it in tris? Absolutely. But I wonder if they're going to get into serious tri geometry bikes anytime soon rather than offering their road bikes with aerobars.
Quote Reply
Re: Giant steps into triathlon [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As the website says this is the same frame as before, just with different component spec, but I hope that some day Giant will make a true triathlon bike, that would be great for the sport (and for us small companies).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Last edited by: gerard: Jan 24, 03 12:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doubtful.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Giant steps into triathlon [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if Michellie is getting a custom frame like some of the Team Once riders or has to pick from the four standrd sizes like the rest of us?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something tells me that Giant still has a lot to learn about triathlon, not to mention the concept of spell-checking. Barb "Linguist" and Niki "Hacket"??? I wonder if when one of their riders wins a TDF stage they mention in the press release that they finished ahead of "Lans Armestron"? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw Michellie riding along the coast this morning while I was running and she was in fact riding a Giant, exactly the same as the one pictured in the ling above. Whether it was a custom size or not I have no idea, but the paint job wasn't custom.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Giant steps into triathlon [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read the url more closely and it noted that Michellie would be racing/training on stock frames. Always thought the TCR is a great road bike and excellent for ITU races. Would be curious though to see how it compares in wind tunnel against a Cervelo Soloist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's about the engine, not the bike.

sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Giant steps into triathlon [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. But I'd still bet the Soloist frame would be more aero on testing than the TCR Aero
Quote Reply