Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Giant TCR Composite VS Kestrel Talon....my decision!
Quote | Reply
Thanks to those who provided input.

I rode about 20 miles on each on Saturday. Both bikes are very nice. I would be happy to own either one. Here's how it went:

Giant: Handling was unbelievable. I was instantly a better bike handler. It really inspired confidence riding in the group. The bike I rode came with the cheap shimano wheels (Rolf low spoke knock offs). The wheels were a bit flexy on climbs. I would have had to swap the wheels for sure. Ride was comfortable. If I were looking for a road bike only, this would be it. It is an absolute steal at $2K with full Ultegra and pedals.

Kestrel: Handling was a bit more stable than the Giant. In then end, this was the deciding factor. I felt like the Giant would be a bit too twitchy with a set of aerobars. The Kestrel seemed to track a bit straighter with less effort. Again, the handling on the Giant was very nice and I would have chosen it instead of the Kestrel if I wasn't going to put a set of aerobars on the bike. The blue Kestrel is beautiful. They really did a good job with that color. Internal cable routing is a plus. Also, the velomax circuit comp wheels were preferable to the wheels on the Giant.

The Kestrel was 250 bucks more than the Giant and so was a bit less bang for the buck but it fit the bill for me (one bike for TT and roadie group rides).

I don't think that anybody would be dissapointed with either of these bikes. Quality is outstanding and they both ride like a dream.

Mike P.
Quote Reply
Re: Giant TCR Composite VS Kestrel Talon....my decision! [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough choice but you can't go wrong with either. Interesting though that I've never found my TCR's handling to be twitchy on aero bars.
Quote Reply
Re: Giant TCR Composite VS Kestrel Talon....my decision! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Handling might not be twitchy on TCR with aerobars. Really didn't try it that way. My first priority was road, second TT position with aerobars. Stable handling on Talon gave that one the edge in TT position in my estimation. Could be I was wrong. Still, I am happy with my decision.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Giant TCR Composite VS Kestrel Talon....my decision! [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a tough choice, but you will be happy with it.

Congrats on the new ride.

John
Quote Reply