Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting time for a new helmet
Quote | Reply
In part because I heed the warnings in part because I like buying new stuff either this year or next year I need a new road helmet. I’m a little looser with my tt helmet because it gets so little use but both are 4 years old.

Been riding a Giro synth that I really like. Also always likes my Giro A2. Ok now that the A2’s are all gone... what about replacing both with Giro vanquish. According to Giro... A2< Air attack < Vanquish < Aerohead. At this point does it make more sense to go with a vanquish or does the full aero still hold a significant advantage?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Getting time for a new helmet [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go with the Aerohead. Full on aero helmets are still significantly faster than aero road helmets.

Lots of tunnel testing folks here on the forum who can comment on their observations, but I'd be very surprised if the Vanquish was faster than the A2.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ERO just released a new video testing the new RP helmet against the consistently top performing helmets.

Quote Reply
Re: Getting time for a new helmet [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Go with the Aerohead. Full on aero helmets are still significantly faster than aero road helmets.

Lots of tunnel testing folks here on the forum who can comment on their observations, but I'd be very surprised if the Vanquish was faster than the A2.

If it were a Vanquish vs an Aerohead I’d go with the Aerohead easily. But it’s an Aerohead AND a new road lid. In fact the road lid is more important as I’ll keep a race lid longer than I need to...

But to go back, if anyone has actual data on a Vanquish vs A2 I’d be interested in that. I mean if an A2 is still bearing a vanquish I’d rather just find whatever road helmet is nice and on sale. That’s how I got it synth for like $50 or something like that lol.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:

But it’s an Aerohead AND a new road lid. In fact the road lid is more important as I’ll keep a race lid longer than I need to...

But to go back, if anyone has actual data on a Vanquish vs A2 I’d be interested in that.

I'm pretty sure we've tested that but the A2 is no longer a top 3 helmet for most people. before it was a slam dunk not it's getting dunked on like a 6ft tall HS jr varsity basketball player playing in the NBA.

if it were me I'd get an aerohead for racing TTs (as it's still pretty much the go to helmet for now) and then get whatever road helmet I thought looked cool unless I was doing bike racing. Then I'd get an aero road helmet

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply