Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting less aggressive position with Trek Speed Concept
Quote | Reply
Man Iā€™m getting less flexible as I get old! Up until last year I was able to ride on my Trek Speed concept with the lowest mono spacer. But last year I experienced a lot of neck pain and I was really uncomfortable. I would like to fix this and get a less aggressive position. Should I just go up high on the mono spacer or is there a way to raise the arm pads with risers?
Quote Reply
Re: Getting less aggressive position with Trek Speed Concept [TRIDAVID2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIDAVID2 wrote:
Man Iā€™m getting less flexible as I get old! Up until last year I was able to ride on my Trek Speed concept with the lowest mono spacer. But last year I experienced a lot of neck pain and I was really uncomfortable. I would like to fix this and get a less aggressive position. Should I just go up high on the mono spacer or is there a way to raise the arm pads with risers?

The spacers are intended to provide this kind of adjustment. If youā€™re up against the adjustment range the secondary option is a stem with additional stack.

Might be worth revising LAIs recent wind tunnel thread where heā€™s evolved from a very aggressive low position to a very aero and more comfortable higher position. It is probably too general w/r to positions, but more reach seems typical for staying aero with a position that has less drop. This could help/fix your neck pain.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting less aggressive position with Trek Speed Concept [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
could we stop saying aggressive please

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

ā€œYou are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.ā€
Quote Reply
Re: Getting less aggressive position with Trek Speed Concept [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aggressive.....šŸ˜‹
Quote Reply
Re: Getting less aggressive position with Trek Speed Concept [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I propose we substitute hostile, belligerent, bellicose, antagonistic, or my personal favorite truculent instead.

ericMPro wrote:
could we stop saying aggressive please

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Getting less aggressive position with Trek Speed Concept [TRIDAVID2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure something didn't change on your bike like a screw slipping and therefore changing your fit which is causing your pain? Before you go changing everything, post a video of your fit here. Video should be perpendicular to you riding and ideally at top tube height.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you figure it out? I worked my way down to the small spacer over a few years, but around 3.5 hrs in into my first ride my neck just couldnā€™t stay tilted back anymore and I had to sit up:( Back and legs were ok, but Iā€™m a little worried if I can actually get used to this neck thing or if I should just swap the spacer back.
Quote Reply