Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gerard, Have U ever thought of designing Cervelo Aerobars?
Quote | Reply
I noticed that aussie framebuilder Llewellyn designs aero bars around his frames.

Although I realize that this is not your area of concentration, I am willing to bet that with your access to the windtunnel and engineering background you could design a kick-ass integrated bar that would equal or better anything out there.

Oh yeah, BTW, I have to confess that I wanted a Soloist this year, but my LBS convinced me to go with a Klein Carbon Team (at a great discount), so I may have to try again next year as the plan is to sell at the end of each year. So, although my heart belongs to Cervelo, my ass is riding a Klein.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Gerard, Have U ever thought of designing Cervelo Aerobars? [DRAwpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, there probably isn't a bike part that I don't have a napkin design for, but the same goes for a lounge chair and a new toll booth design. I guess that's just the way I'm wired, if I see something I autoatically think about a different way to do the same thing (and hopefully better). And I guess that is the arrogance of the designer, you always think you can do something better.

But right now I have little interest in making an aerobar, the two things in connection to aerobars that I am interested in is making sure what we spec on our bikes works, and making sure that what I pick for Team CSC is liked by them. The first portion is fairly easy, most people love Syntace (and for good reason), the second part is tougher because Riis is so picky and has all these ideas. I can do something with his bike ideas (either rebuff them or use them), but of course when it comes to his ideas for other parts all I can do is parlay them and hope something is done with them.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Gerard, Have U ever thought of designing Cervelo Aerobars? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell Riis the Scott bars always work great!! HA,HA

Much love, Greg Lemond
Quote Reply
Re: Gerard, Have U ever thought of designing Cervelo Aerobars? [DRAwpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I wouldn't wish the aerobar thing on anyone. Based on my conversations with Anne And Steve Hed about what they went through designing and building their aero bars, it is a huge project. Aspects of it may even be more difficult than building and designing a bike.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply