Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gel works well
Quote | Reply
   I posted a week or back about an erratic HRM while I was running on the Treadmill where it was reading too high for awhile and then too low. I subsequently ran without the tech singlet and found that there wasn't a problem.

Last night I used a small amount of conductive gel. And the results were really good. I wore the same, previously troublesome singlet. I had the correct HR reading at the very start (in the past it normally took 10 to 15 minutes of sweating to get a solid, consistent reading, even when pre-wetting the strap). The HR reading was consistent through a fast walk warmup and over the next 40 minutes as I increased the speed till I did a 5 minute cool down.

Don't know the brand name but I have a large tube of green "Gel" that'll last for a long time - years. And, it is water soluble so washes off the strap and body easily but after 50 minutes or so using it, I noticed it was still on the strap so it appears that unless you are dripping from under the strap, the gel stays intact. I'll have to see what it is like over longer time periods.

Anyway, I plan to use Gel now.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply