Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gear for Tall Triathletes
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else have trouble finding gear that fits? I'm 6'5 and mostly upper body (32' inseam). Most of the tri-suits I've tried are either too tight on the shoulders or way too wide. Wetsuits are another problem.

What gear (trisuit, wetsuit, bike) do fellow tall + slim triathletes use?
Quote Reply
Re: Gear for Tall Triathletes [dsurge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trinsuit I don’t know.

I would suggest a two piece

Wetsuit. Desoto for sure. They are two piece and fast.

They are sold individually
You can get one size for the top and another for the bottom

Have tried 4 brands and like them the best
Last edited by: RBR: Aug 11, 18 17:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 6'4 with a 34 inseam. I have had great luck with Castelli and Pearl Izumi tri suits.
Quote Reply
Re: Gear for Tall Triathletes [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to a two piece wetsuit as well, so I could get a medium bottom and large top, no neck chafe, and no wedgie. I went with Synergy brand, about half the price of Desoto, and works great.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Gear for Tall Triathletes [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m 6’4”, 185lb and just got my first tri suit this week. I got a Desoto size large and it fits great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 6'9 and use a PA-Suit from Germany. Before I used Orca which was a decent fit as well in XL.

For wetsuites, I use the Sailfish G-Range in ML. It is rather short on arms and legs, but fits excellent for slim persons.

In any case, if you buy really high-end suits (both tri- and wetsuits), they are normally made from high-quality stretchable material, so you can go a size down. I found out most suits in the biggest sizes (XL or XXL) expect you to be rather chubby =) so a stretchable L seems better suitable for tall and slim athletes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 6'6" and about 205 lbs with a 34-35 inch waist. I have had good luck with 2XU's full tri suits, although I had to get the XXL size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6'5"

I use separates. I have tried 2XU one-piece suit, but found it was too painful on the shoulders.

Wetsuit wise, 2XU wetsuits in LT fit well. I've looked at Roka. I think wetsuits can morph a little bit more than lycra, which usually features a somewhat inelastic edging piece that causes the problems for tall folk.

#thestruggleisreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey. I’m 198cm and 87kg.
I use a Blue Seventy wetsuit - size is Medium Tall. It’s a snug fit but is fine to swim in.
For a tri suit I’ve used Fusion and a custom made Nimblewear suit. All work great!
My bike is a BMC TM01 in a Large.
Quote Reply
Re: Gear for Tall Triathletes [Jezza78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This could be a good repository...
adding: 198 and 97: goal to get back down to 92 or so, 36” and a bit inseam.
Castlelli 2XL two piece, but this could be a fraction longer in the top for running. Thinking of one piece for next year. Or racing in a running vest on the run,
Trek SC in XL
Blue70 Helix in XL - given to me by a mate who is 6 inches shorter but much wider.
Quote Reply
Re: Gear for Tall Triathletes [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'5'', 185lbs here...mostly legs though (37'' inseam).

Roka offers a tall option for most of their products. The wetsuit and swimskin fit me perfectly...haven't tried their trisuit, but might pick one up for next season. I used a DeSoto trisuit for a couple years and was very happy with it. It was a little longer in the torso so that might work better for you.

Since I saw someone mention tall guy gear repository...here's my current setup:

Roka Maverick Elite - Large Tall
Roka Viper Pro - Large Tall
Castelli All Out Tri Suit - Large
Last edited by: Wingspan: Aug 12, 18 6:46
Quote Reply