Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garneau tri cycling shoe sizing
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about a pair of Garneau Tri X-Lite II shoes, but have never worn this brand (have worn Sidi, DMT, Vittoria, Time). My sizing is 41 in high volume shoes (DMT, for example) and 42 for low volume (Sidi). When I use the Garneau sizing approach (https://garneau.com/...athlon-shoes-1487259), it's really not believable. Based on my foot length, Garneau recommends a 39.5, corresponding to a US Men's 6.5 - but I am typically a US Men's 8.5. Is the sizing of this shoe super large (i.e. physically much larger than expectation based on numerical size)? Or is the sizing tool wrong / operator wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: Garneau tri cycling shoe sizing [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a 46 in Sidi & a 46 in Garneau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got Garneau commuter cycling shoes. I wear US 14 to 16, depending on the shoes. Didn't see the Garneau chart but other US to Europe size guides suggested a 48 is like US 14-15 and I got some 48. In the street shoes I'm wearing now, the label says US14 Eur48. Garneau chart (which, again, I hadn't seen) says a 48 is like US 12.5. The 48s were too small, although seemed bigger than a 12.5. Ordered some 50, which Garneau says is US ~13.5 and other charts say US~16. They're good, maybe like a US 14.5 or 15. I'm keeping those.

Don't know if tri shoes run same as commuter shoes or if it holds down several sizes from mine, but for me it seems like the Garneau shoes are about halfway between the Garneau chart and other charts.

Haven't ever measured my feet, so I'm going by US size not by measured length.

Edit: just measured my foot. My foot is right at one foot, 30.5 cm. Garneau chart says 30.2 cm would be 50, so the Garneau chart is about right for me by that measure.
Last edited by: HardlyTrying: Jan 15, 20 5:54
Quote Reply
Re: Garneau tri cycling shoe sizing [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found the same as above, I wear a 14 in most shoes and can get by with a 48 in SIDI or GIRO cycling shoes. Ordered a pair of LG's in 48 and they were way to small.
Quote Reply
Re: Garneau tri cycling shoe sizing [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Summary (so far):
46 LG = 46 Sidi
50 LG = 48 US
48 LG way smaller than 48 Sidi

Keep 'em coming!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a 44 euro in shimano and a 44 euro in garneau

fancy sending a pair over to uk ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've worn Specialized, Shimano, Giro, Lake, Bont, Pearl and LG. I would say LG runs pretty normal for a cycling shoe. I have a wide foot and prefer a 46.5 wide/high volume shoe most of the time. I rode 47s in LG, they were snug, but do able.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Garneau Granite II shoes for gravel/mtb and they are spot-on to Garneau's fit guide. My foot is 10 3/4" and I typically wear a size 10 shoe. I ordered a 44 per the guide and they are perfect, probably the most comfortable of my 4 pairs of cycling shoes. I have two pairs of Pearl Izumi shoes, both size 44.5, and one pair of Bont tri shoes size 44. The Garneaus maybe run slightly larger than those brands but not dramatically so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Garneau TRI-400 tri shoes and wear a 45.5 and have the Garneau LA 84 shoes in a 45 that are a little snug. I also have Bontrager Ballista shoes in a 44.5 that fit similar to the 45.5 Garneaus. I typically wear a men's 11 US or 45 in other cycling shoes and running shoes.

Garneau is very good about sizing returns and provide a return label with their shipments. You just need to request an RMA before you return them for exchange or refund.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I have the LG Carbon LS-100 II shoe. I used the foot measuring approach recommended on their website and the recommended size fits perfectly.

Best,

Heidjer
Quote Reply
Re: Garneau tri cycling shoe sizing [Heidjer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all. These shoes are 50% off at Competitive Cyclist and I pulled the trigger tonight. I have *no idea* what size to buy. I appreciate all of the guidance, but have concluded that estimating the relative size isn't just an LG vs. others, but likely depends on the specific model. So, the LG tool says that I should be in a size *way* smaller than anything I've worn previously (like 2 US sizes, 4 Euro sizes). I'm a solid 41 in most and a little bigger in Sidi and Diadora. I just went with a 41 in the LG. The LG size chart says that these should be way oversized, but I'm hoping that the actual sizing is not so different than other mainstream brands. I hope that the CC return policy is solid! Thanks, again, to all who contributed...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, the shoes arrived yesterday and I did a 90 minute indoor ride with them today. The majority of my cycling shoes are 41 with some low volume brands (Sidi, Diadora, Vittoria) either 41.5 or 42. The LG web sizing suggested that I need a 39.5 (!) or a US men's 6.5. I ignored the web sizing, ordered a 41. When the box arrived, it suggested that a 41 was US men's 8 - that's me. The fit was pretty much perfect. The forefoot has more volume than my recent shoes, but the length is spot on (and the volume is fine - my toes are not crunched but the room is not sloppy). Pretty comfy, super light weight. No tongue, of course, and uses a super easy one big velcro strap closure (there is a small forefoot velcro closure, but I don't need to open it to get in/out). The only negative is that the large strap forms the top of the shoe and it rubs me a bit on the ankle. But it is neoprene there, so not too irritating. Seems like a good purchase - they were heavily discounted at most places I looked at.
Quote Reply