Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Vivoactive 3 'Abnormal Heart Rate Detected' Message
Quote | Reply
How serious should someone take this message? I've seen this message several times since I turned the feature on. Seems to happen most often during sleep hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vivoactive 3 'Abnormal Heart Rate Detected' Message [justcallmejoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vivoactive 3 'Abnormal Heart Rate Detected' Message [justcallmejoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How old are you and when was your last check up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justcallmejoe wrote:
How serious should someone take this message? I've seen this message several times since I turned the feature on. Seems to happen most often during sleep hours.

What are your programmed thresholds for HR alerts? It may be normal slowing during sleep to a rate that is below the threshold on the device.
Hopefully, not too low...of course...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any other issues? If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Wrist based optical heart rate systems are kind of inconsistent and hardly trustworthy in my opinion. If it really bothers you, go see a Cardiologist. I had to wear a monitor for 4 weeks, have an echocardiogram, and a few EKG's. Nothing unusual showed up aside from my HR getting into the mid 30's at night. He said this was normal for my fitness level. I feel a lot better having it checked out rather than wondering what may be going on.
Quote Reply