Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Vector 3S cleat bolt loosse: Garmin says new pedal (for $300)
Quote | Reply
I can't believe it !!
It's the third time I'm having problems with Vector 3S's...
The second time the cleat bolt comes loose.
I called the service center.
Thay tell me: "There's nothing we can do, send the pedal back we will send you a new one. BUt since warranty is over, I have to Pay $300. for a new pedal.
It bugs me to see how a simple mechanical problem will cost me as much as an electronic one.

This will be the last nail in the Garmin coffin for me.

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3S cleat bolt loosse: Garmin says new pedal (for $300) [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For information:
I solved the problem.

First have to loosen the cleat tension to zero, to be able to re insert the bolt straight without having the tensionded springs in the way.
Second, put some blue Locktite on the cleat bolt threads.
Third, screw back in place, and go on with my cycling life...

LOuis :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3S cleat bolt loosse: Garmin says new pedal (for $300) [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's good news :)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3S cleat bolt loosse: Garmin says new pedal (for $300) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny I was reading up dcrainmaker on the vector 3 mentioning there were so many people having issues with them. I have the first version of the vectors bought in 2015, one side power only, and am looking at getting another one for a 2nd bike. I guess I'll get some stages on black friday then.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3S cleat bolt loosse: Garmin says new pedal (for $300) [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 3 sets of them and they work perfectly fine for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3S cleat bolt loosse: Garmin says new pedal (for $300) [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get 4iiii if available in your crank preference. Amazing service, accurate, probably cheaper.

Quote Reply