Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Varia Radar mount
Quote | Reply
Hey all,
I just got the Garmin Varia and am a little perplexed on the mount. I mean it looks solid and like it won't fall off my rear post...but it's only a thick rubber band. Assure me it's going to stay on please.

I do have an aero type seat post so the quarter turn alternate mount seems to not be an option for me.
Last edited by: klorene: May 30, 19 4:41
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Varia Radar mount [klorene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve had zero issues with my varia mount and the lil rubber band is pretty solid.
Can’t remember if the stock quarter turn comes with one, but I do have a few aero seatpost bikes and the Aero post rubber insert for the quarter turn mount works just fine.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some third party mounts that attach to the saddle rails (similar to GoPro mounts) that are probably more secure. https://www.amazon.com/..._apa_i_s887CbJMPYSV4

I've been using the rubber band one for a while and it's been fine, but will probably pick up one of these for switching between bikes since it's basically the same price as the Garmin mount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve had mine for 3+ years (might be 4 years now can’t remember as it may have been summer 2015 when it was bought) and never been an issue. Mine is on a round regular road seatpost so it’s not being constantly “stretched” but I’ve never had issues. I also think there are different sizes of rubber bands so while it seems worrisome, it’s been fine for me.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply