Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Unit of Measure in Pool vs VASA Erg
Quote | Reply
So I just recently got a VASA Erg and manually created a workout (distance, time) in Meters. When I went and looked at my workout in GarminConnect it switched to yards.
My running and cycling settings are to miles. When I swim at the pool, I have it set to meters, and swimming in the pool yields lap times and distance totals in meters.

It's only when I create a manual swim workout. Any clues on what is causing this or how to fix it?

I'll probably try using a new sport mode on the watch and hopefully the auto upload will take care of it. But any help is appreciated.

I tried the search function but coudln't find anything. I doubt I'm the first to ask.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Unit of Measure in Pool vs VASA Erg [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never created a manual swim entry, but I can tell you that my 910 will record an indoor swim in the units I use to enter the pool length, and yards (imperial) for all outdoor swimming because that is its default setting. As an experiment once I changed that setting for a sprint and it recorded the swim in meters and the bike and run in kilometers. I was told there is no way on that watch to "split" the units of measure.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Unit of Measure in Pool vs VASA Erg [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is exactly what I suspected. Was hoping for a magic setting. Oh well not that big of a deal. Maybe one day.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Unit of Measure in Pool vs VASA Erg [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
since the original topic has been answered, time to derail!!

how do you save a vasa workout on your garmin device? i have a 935 and we have a vasa erg at work. how are you capturing all your data (what sort of workout) and how do you capture the swim wattage?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Unit of Measure in Pool vs VASA Erg [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just tried it for the first time in Indoor Bike mode. Then when done uploading to garmin, change the activity to Indoor Swimming. Most of the stats should be ok. I wouldn't trust IF and TSS. However watts and heart rate should be good.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Unit of Measure in Pool vs VASA Erg [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply