Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin HRM Tri cutting into my chest
Quote | Reply
The Garmin HRM Tri has a clear rubbery film that covers the blue fabric patches that surround the contacts on either side of the pod. The rubbery film has worn off and the blue fabric is cutting into my skin.

I saw some old posts on ST that suggest putting a bandaid on the pod. But that was for the first gen soft strap and a slightly different issue.

Anyone else experienced this? What do you suggest?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM Tri cutting into my chest [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same issue for me. I stopped using it. Just not worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There isn't blue fabric on the HRM Tri. It sounds like you're describing the HRM Swim, which would be incredibly uncomfortable for anything other than swimming (and even swimming is questionable).
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM Tri cutting into my chest [PVD04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like on the current gen the blue diamond fabric is now black diamond fabric, but I imagine it would cause the same issue.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used multiple Garmin straps including the HRM Tri and all cut my chest or caused skin abrasions. Switched to Wahoo and problem solved.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM Tri cutting into my chest [Trigator1956] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trigator1956 wrote:
I used multiple Garmin straps including the HRM Tri and all cut my chest or caused skin abrasions. Switched to Wahoo and problem solved.

Could it be the lack chest hair?! Lol anyways, my HRM tri is almost 3yrs old and from time to time it begins to irritate me a bit but nothing like previously mentioned here... I know that likely it is fully worn out and need to be replaced but gonna use it til it breaks it it breaks me!!! #goforbroke

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM Tri cutting into my chest [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the same issue....found the spot that was rubbing, mine was around some stitching near the clasp. Added a couple wraps of KT tape and all good now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m going to try and shoe goo it and see if I can extend the life. If it doesn’t work then I’ll move on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Could it be the lack chest hair?! Lol

Definitely a contributing factor; and yes I’m regretting grooming in winter :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By way of update - I applied some shoe goo with a toothpick to bridge between the elastic and the stiff fabric that surrounds the contacts. The effect is that i have eliminated the sharp edges.

So far so good.
Quote Reply