Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin FR920XT deleting activities
Quote | Reply
My Garmin FR920XT automatically uploads activities to Garmin Connect (WiFi or through the phone by BT) no problem and as before. But, recently, it then deletes the .fit file from the ACTIVITY folder on the watch. That's new - and frustrating as I upload selectively to Strava from the files on the watch. Now, it's monkey motion to get the .fit (as a zip) from Garmin Connect, then unpack the files, upload as before, then clean up the mess. Anyone else seeing this recently. I estimate that it started around 01 Dec 2019.

A second issue...I *did* go to the Garmin forum to see if there were any reports...but iit seems as if the forums only support new-ish devices; I could not find the FR920XT forum. Did I just miss it? Thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR920XT deleting activities [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It usually does that when the memory is full, do you delete your activities off your watch?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR920XT deleting activities [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right. But the device has plenty of available space. And, maybe my 1st post wasn't clear. There are zero activities in that folder. As in, start with zero activities, ride and run for 90 minutes. Garmin Connect gets the activities. Activity folder on the device? Empty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, not sure. Two things I can think:

1). Can’t remember if there is a tick box that says remove file from device after download on Garmin Express but that might be a pace to check.

2). if your data recording setting is not set at “smart” but at “every second” and each training fills it up so gets cleared.

Hope that helps.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR920XT deleting activities [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good ideas, but I could not find a 'delete from device after upload' setting. I *did* get a new phone recently and, generally, activities get uploaded by BT through the phone. I turned off BT on the phone and confirmed that the 920XT was not connected. Activity folder started empty. Did a Sufferfest. Then ran on the treadmill (100/100, you know). Both got uploaded without incident to GC. But only *one* remained on the device (the last activity, treadmill running, was there - the Sufferfest was gone). In Win10, the 920XT is reported to have 9.39 Mb free of 10.8 Mb. Earlier this year, I did a complete backup of this device with more than 70 activity files. It does not see to be a space limitation.

Happy for any ideas or other debuggine approaches. I may just do a factory reset...but that fouls up all of the custom workouts, etc...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, so nothing seemed to improve things. I tried the 'soft reset' and looked all over my Android phone GC and Win10 GC for clues (and the 920XT, of course). SO, I did a factory reset. CIQ gone. Custom activity profiles gone. Watchface gone. Guess what? Walked around a bit today under 'running inside'. Activity stayed in the 920XT. Did a 2nd walk around. OK, both activities there. Tomorrow, I'll run or ride a *real* workout. If that activity remains on the watch (and the other two), I'll try restoring the CIQ/watchface stuff. What a PITA.
Quote Reply