Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Edge 530 issues.
Quote | Reply
I had issues with my Garmin 530 when I first got it and all was fine for a long time. This morning I'm on my rollers and all of a sudden, no speed sensor pick up, no heart rate pick up and no connection to my phone. When I tried to save what I had done for my ride it shut itself off and lost all the data. I've been loyal to Garmin over the years but maybe it's time to go Wahoo?

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Edge 530 issues. [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an Edge 530 currently, but have not had it long enough to comment on the long-term reliability. It has been solid for the last 3 months. I previously had an Edge 520 Plus and would have similar problems as you describe every few months. I noticed lots of ANT+ (no bluetooth on the 520) dropouts for both my trainer and my on-bike power meter. I found cycling the power usually fixed it, but I, like you, lost a handful of rides as well so I feel your pain. Sometimes you can manually recover your rides by plugging in to a computer and searching the filer system of the unit.

If you have the problem after a few power cycles and/or a hard reset, I would contact Garmin. I have had success replacing wonky units for free or low cost in the past.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Edge 530 issues. [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They all have issues. They will all piss you off enough to want to try something else from another brand. Eventually, you'll end up back where you started, only it'll be the 2020 version and not the 2015 version.
Last edited by: rijndael: Nov 13, 20 13:11
Quote Reply