Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Connect mislabeling run as "treadmill"
Quote | Reply
Not sure why this is, but the last couple of runs I've done, GC has labeled them as "Treadmill Running" rather than "Running". Started on Sunday with the 2nd run in the duathlon I did, and continued from there. Any ideas why?

it's a 910xt, uploading through Garmin Express to Garmin Connect and from there to TrainingPeaks. So I have to correct the activity in GC and TP, it's a minor inconvenience but still a pain.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect mislabeling run as "treadmill" [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In a duathlon I'm often moving so slow on the second run that I can see how the watch could confuse if for being stationary on a treadmill...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect mislabeling run as "treadmill" [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
In a duathlon I'm often moving so slow on the second run that I can see how the watch could confuse if for being stationary on a treadmill...

Signed up for 2 local triathlons this year. Ended up doing 2 duathlons.

I'm a terrible runner. So of course, I sign up for the events that have swim cancellations. Argh...

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect mislabeling run as "treadmill" [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's slit your wrists territory there. I've heard a rumour of a race being added to Keji on Sept 23rd though so there's hope for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has happened to me when I did a treadmill run which I measured on my garmin and then when I brought up the run function on my watch the next time, the default had changed to the last -used.... indoor run. I did not notice it and just pushed start.

It measured my pace based on the accelerometer movement rather than GPS.

Is it still getting a map for you?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect mislabeling run as "treadmill" [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, it's getting GPS data and map is coming up. There's no accelerometer in the watch (that I know of, anyway) and I don't have a footpod, so the only way it gets speed / distance data is from GPS. It's just that the activity is mislableled.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you subconsciously select treadmill instead...maybe I need to move it but treadmill is right under run for me on my fenix.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect mislabeling run as "treadmill" [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. The 910 only has options for Run, Bike, Swim, and Other under the "select a sport" menu.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Garmin forums are pretty active. Have you tried checking there?

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply