Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Connect continues to use old FTP...is there a fix?
Quote | Reply
I did a search and couldn't find anything. I am having an issue with Garmin Connect and the FTP it is using when I upload completed rides. After an extended break, I started riding again, and after a couple rides to get my legs back under me I did an FTP test to reset where I was at so I could start training again with good info. I changed the settings on my 945, in the Connect App, on the device settings power zones portion of the app, on the connect website, on my Edge, basically everywhere. For some reason though, whenever I record a ride on my 945 and then upload it to the Garmin app, it is uploading into the app with my old (and much higher) FTP setting. When I go check the settings, all the settings are correct, but the files are uploading with the old FTP still. Has anyone else had this issue and figured out how to fix it? And it is really frustrating that Garmin doesn't allow you to modify the settings on a workout once it's recorded. Thanks in advance for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect continues to use old FTP...is there a fix? [HoustonAg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the exact problem and struggled with it for a while. You would think that there would be one place to change user settings and have them propagate throughout the Garminverse but apparently not. Mine is fixed now but honestly I don't know how I did it. Maybe it was the exorcism ceremony and the voodoo doll.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Last edited by: Fuller: Jul 2, 20 18:31
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect continues to use old FTP...is there a fix? [HoustonAg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can manually change it using the Webapp, but not the mobile app.

Unlike Zwift, it won't auto-adjust even if it is clearly wrong (ex. you did a 2hr workout at 120% of your FTP, or a 20min segment at >105%). It will adjust if you do a specific FTP test that Garmin recognizes.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to Garmin Connect / Devices (your device) / User Settings. Weird that FTP is in 'devices', but there you go. I know b/c I just did this last week after a new FTP from the Sufferfest Half Monty...
Quote Reply