Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Connect Elevation Correction
Quote | Reply
I have a Garmin Forerunner 920XT and the altimeter, like so many others, broke a long time ago. On the bike, this isn't that big of an issue, but on the run it really screws up the normalized graded pace calculation in TrainingPeaks. I see that you can do elevation correction on the Garmin Connect site, but it appears that it's on a per workout basis and the little tool tip that pops up says it isn't enabled by default for devices with altimeters. Given that mine is broken, is there a way to enable elevation correct by default? I emailed Garmin support a week or so ago, but still haven't heard anything so I'm turning to the brain trust at Slow Twitch for help!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect Elevation Correction [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had the same issue with my 920. Never found an option for automatic elevation correction.

May not be an issue for you if you don't do triathlon but with the broken altimeter, I found that elevation correction in Garmin Connect could not be activated when the activity is a triathlon (and might be multisport in general). I had several races where I had no elevation data whatsoever.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect Elevation Correction [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had two Fenix5 altimeters fail. You can correct on a workout-by-workout basis, but there is no way to tell Garmin to ignore the altimeter input and just use the GPS data on a permanent basis (which sucks).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply