Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 945 data upload to strava/TP
Quote | Reply
Hi,

When running indoor with Garmin 945 Is there a way to either

A) auto upload calibrated data automatically to Strava/TP and none of the pre cal data

B). Turn off auto upload for treadmill workouts only?

The data on pace is really innaccurate and even after calibrate and save for strava it simply uploads the pre Calibration data.

For TP it will upload the post cal data for distance but still gets the pre cal data and I keeps setting new pace thresholds based on the bad data. I’ll run 10k in like 52 minutes and Garmin pre cal data will be 15km

I have to keep resetting my threshold numbers and I strava it makes it look like i am the fastest runner on the planet

For connect my pace records are all based on pre cal data (2.4 min 1 km! 18 min 5km!

Any help or ideas appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 945 data upload to strava/TP [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also really interested if this is possible. Also always look like Kipchoge after a treadmill run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m assuming you don’t use a foot pod on the treadmill. I’ve been seeing some folks Strava runs on the treadmill just like you describe. I would just suggest getting a foot pod for the treadmill so you never have to worry about it again. It will be a lot more accurate at pace/distance (assuming you calibrate it) than a stand-alone watch will ever be.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 945 data upload to strava/TP [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I have a foot pod and was going to Zwift run

I have a Zwift foot pod. However on an iPhone I can’t see anything because:old

Thats my final solution if Garmin has none

I imagine Garmin would resist a solution because it would involve admitting they suck for treadmill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not aware of any way to exclude sync by workout type.

Yes, get a footpod. Wrist mounted accelerometer (watch) will NEVER be accurate. It's easy to fool. I can change my pace simply by changing the way I swing my arms. More side to side... More amplitude... More forward... More rearward... Etc. Every little change will cause it to read a different pace.

Its not really garmin's fault.... It's just bad data into an algorithm that has no hope, except to be sorta close at best.

BTW, I've heard nothing good about the milestone / zwift pod. Get a garmin footpod.

Also, treadmills are notoriously in accurate. So, expect to spend some time using your footpod to calibrate outside pace, rpe, hr, treadmill pace. I adjust grade on the TM until I get the same hr for a particular pace from the footpod. Eg

8:30 pace / 2.0*
8:00 pace / 2.5*
7:30 pace / 3.0*
6:30 pace / 3.5*

I find this to be TM specific, so when Im on a different TM I just adjust the grade until I get the correct HR.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 945 data upload to strava/TP [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks will try that
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 945 data upload to strava/TP [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I’m assuming you don’t use a foot pod on the treadmill. I’ve been seeing some folks Strava runs on the treadmill just like you describe. I would just suggest getting a foot pod for the treadmill so you never have to worry about it again. It will be a lot more accurate at pace/distance (assuming you calibrate it) than a stand-alone watch will ever be.

A watch that expensive shouldn't require a foot pod to get within 10 seconds/km. My 920 is more accurate than my 945 on the treadmill it's laughable

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply