Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920XT - No bike speed...
Quote | Reply
Having an odd issue with my 920XT. I just use the watch, no speed/cadence sensor, and has always worked in the past.

Lately when biking outside, it connects to satellites, and it tracks my distance and time, but it shows the speed as zero. Same for elevation.

Tried google, can't find anything. Anyone else experience this?? I find it very odd that it tracks my distance but not speed....
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920XT - No bike speed... [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Having an odd issue with my 920XT. I just use the watch, no speed/cadence sensor, and has always worked in the past.

Lately when biking outside, it connects to satellites, and it tracks my distance and time, but it shows the speed as zero. Same for elevation.

Tried google, can't find anything. Anyone else experience this?? I find it very odd that it tracks my distance but not speed....

Do you have a power meter that is supposed to transmit speed....like a PT hub?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920XT - No bike speed... [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Do you have a power meter that is supposed to transmit speed....like a PT hub?

Nope, no power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does Garmin Connect show a speed graph and data?

If it does, you have somehow changed your display for speed to something that you don't have or something that isn't working.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920XT - No bike speed... [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:

If it does, you have somehow changed your display for speed to something that you don't have or something that isn't working.

Garmin connect shows my average speed in the summary, but if I drag my mouse along the ride, it shows 0 speed the whole time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
AutomaticJack wrote:

Garmin connect shows my average speed in the summary, but if I drag my mouse along the ride, it shows 0 speed the whole time.

That means the watch is no longer doing the calculation. I would try a hard reset. If that fails it's probably time for an upgrade.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you try a short outdoor run? Do you get pace there? Trying to debug before you go nuclear and do a hard reset, which whacks all your settings, data on the watch, etc. Even if you choose to do the hard reset, I'd do a soft reset 1st as that might cure your problem w/o data/settings loss. Use the hard reset last.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920XT - No bike speed... [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
Did you try a short outdoor run? Do you get pace there? Trying to debug before you go nuclear and do a hard reset, which whacks all your settings, data on the watch, etc. Even if you choose to do the hard reset, I'd do a soft reset 1st as that might cure your problem w/o data/settings loss. Use the hard reset last.

It gives me my outdoor run pace (again, no foot pod or anything used, just the watch) no problem, as well as open water swim pace.

But just when biking, distance and time are clicking along fine, but speed shows zero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the unit is paired or is trying to pair to a speed sensor; I would check that and, in case, unpair it. Another thing to try is to create a new bike profile, and see whether this revives speed parameter
Quote Reply